Thursday, December 16, 2010

2.5 hours at costco

with my brother, walter.

we had a grand old time.  we initially went to look for "old timey gifts" (that's the theme this year... let me know if you have any suggestions) for our cousins and pick up a few things for my wonderful mother.  instead, walter spent over a hundred dollars on himself, i bought myself a christmas present that i'll have mom give me, and we got separated and lost each other for at least a full ten minutes.  it was a blast and here are two pictures from it.



the second picture is when we got separated.  i said "i'll go get the flank steak (this is what home made beef jerky is made out of) for mom" and then i left.  when i returned, walter was no where to be found.  i looked all over the store.  TWICE.  then i grew weary from carrying around seven pounds of raw meat.  so i rested.  in this massage chair.  with my meat.

eventually, i had to get back home to feed baby.  and we were hungry too.  but i can only imagine the things we could have done if we weren't so pressed for time.

ps- the past two nights i've put my baby down for bed around 8... her normal bedtime.  but then she'll wake up 2.5 hours (the length of a normal nap) later.  baby, this is not a fourth nap.  this is called "down for the night" and you need to stay there.

it's not too bad because i've been awake and stuck on california time too and my dear mother loves to laugh at me when i say "i just put baby down for bed... again." but really, let's try to get this right tonight.

6 comments:

Sara said...

Ohhhh, you Maycocks and your Costco . . . :)

Diana C. said...

I'm going to be in Atlanta in a little over 24hrs so I can come do crazy atlanta things with you :)

Mary Mitchell said...

big thanks to Walter for picking out Mary's Christmas outfit for me.

Mary Mitchell said...

P.S. this was way funnier the first time around

Marianne said...

First of all, I am hoping that Walter is not giving to me this year. Second of all, it totally looks like you are sitting in an electric wheelchair and I'm glad to know that you were not cruising around costco looking for Walt. And third of all, can I come over for some of that beef jerky...yum!! and then I may need the secret recipe so people will want to be my friend!

Last of all--I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU AND LUCY'S NEW BEST FRIEND!

Sara said...

Walter's colorful, isn't he?