Friday, December 10, 2010

we miss him already



they like to do this a lot.


 




tonight i took honey (ha, i just accidentially wrote homey. i guess he can be that too?) to the airport. as you know, i get major anxiety leading up to when i travel and when honey leaves on a trip. well, both of those are in the midst of happening in a major way and i've been feeling the anxiety all week... especially today. trouble eating, butterflies in my stomach, feeling like i'm about to throw up, the works. so i sent him off and i feel a little better although i'm still anxious about baby and me going to atlanta tomorrow. so wish me luck that i'll be able to eat and that i won't get a migraine or feel hugely nauseaus all day.

here a few things that have been on my mind lately.

why on earth is my christopher so obsessed with umberella strollers?

i still write reminders to myself on my bathroom mirror with a dry erase marker. have i really been doing this for more than ten years?!?!

my anxiety this week has taken away my appetite. pretty much all i've eaten since sunday is an assortment of cookies (from a baby shower cookie exchange)... and milk. even though i'm taking my vitamins, i think my body is still mad at me. i keep getting cramps in my arms and legs. nurse amanda always told me that's from a lack of potassium. i vow to eat real meals for the next three weeks.

in less than a week, i've listened to over 35 of my 40 pandora hours this month. i love christmas music. when i get to atlanta i'll have mom sign up so we can listen to 40 more hours.

i miss my christmas village already... even though i know i'll see it in a month. and you better believe that when i return, i'll be calling it a "winter village" and won't take it down til march.

it's 2am and i'm procrastinating going to sleep. i hate sleeping alone. i've been thinking about my single atlanta friends... can i invite them over for sleepovers or does "25 and married with a baby" make me ineligible to host slumber parties?

but really, who am i supposed to spoon with? i made honey take a nap with me this afternoon because i really wanted more spoon time before he left. i seriously have a problem.

i just did one of my best pack jobs ever.  i'd been putting it off all week because i knew it would be next to impossible but oh my goodness, i actually made it happen.  i just packed for a three week trip to three different locations for myself and my child, IN A CARRY ON.  we're going from california, to atlanta, to colorado, to cancun, and back to california.  so i had to pack for snowy weather, beaches, and everything in between.  and since my daughter likes to rid herself of all bodily fluids, all day long, we both require about 3 outfits a day.  can't wait to get to atlanta and find out what on earth i've managed to forget.

i think i'm obsessed with pictures.  probably because i have such a terrible memory and it's my only way of remembering anything.  but really, i love pictures.  especially before and afters.  to here are some before and afters of my packing process.

just kidding.  blogger is not letting that happen.  maybe some other time.

baby and i are going to be master travelers after this trip.  although we're only doing the first two legs alone.  denver to cancun we'll be will the whole hillier family and cancun to california i'll have my honey.  so that will be nice. 

i love skype.  tonight i got on skype with my blogging sister, emmy.  i helped her pick out what to wear to her work party tomorrow night.  and then she watched me blow in baby's face for a while.  i'm sure the makers of skype totally had this in mind when they invented it.

honey is on a flight to bangkok.  only 14 days til i see him again!

okay i need to go to bed now. 

ps- remember how my birthday was last month? did i ever tell you how i forgot about my own birthday? it's true. i woke up that morning and went about my normal activities. chris said goodmorning and then went on a run. it wasn't until i got on facebook that i remembered it was my birthday. yes, you heard that right. i didn't know it was my birthday until i saw it on facebook. good job carrie. you get an A+ for that. chris remembered while he was out running so when he came home he made me breakfast in bed. i thought it was hilarious that neither of us remembered. i guess that's what happens when you get old. man, i sure miss that guy.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

wow! 3 weeks in a carryon!? you're impressive. I sure hope you didn't forget your coat for California!

Ricci said...

Can I just say I am equally amazed by the fact that you packed all of that in a carry-on!! I can barely do a few days just for me, for one type of weather, in a carry-on. I really do want to see these packing pictures!

Sara said...

How is it Chris can fit your child's entire arm in his mouth?

There should be more pictures like that. It was most awesome.

Lyndel said...

I have slumber parties when Mike goes out of town on gigs. I'm 25 and married... I say yay for slumber parties! You should definitely have one :)