Wednesday, December 14, 2011

all things are spiritual

this afternoon during nap time i had a very frightening experience.  i backed up all of my pictures on my external hard drive, which i do every month or two.  as i was doing that, my OCD kicked in and i decided i needed to organize my pictures by year.  so i separated my pictures into two folders, "2010" and "2011."  (previous pictures are elsewhere... although i'm not exactly certain where that elsewhere is...)

then i looked in my picasa and i about had a heart attack.  everything was gone.  my thousands of pictures from the last two years all vanished.  i knew they weren't gone gone because i'd just backed them up on the external hard drive and i knew they were still on my computer because i'd just put them in those folders, but all of the organization, edits, etc of picasa were no more.  i had that experience where your face goes cold and it's like it's freezing and burning at the same time.

i wanted to call out for help.  i don't know anyone techie and i made me wish i'd better stayed in touch with my tech savvy ex boyfriend.  but i didn't.  so i was like, "i should put out a plea for help on my blog!" and then i remembered i only have about four readers.  and the likelihood of them being tech experts was slim.  so i went to facebook... where i could reach out to hundreds of people i don't ever talk to!  not helpful.  although i got some pretty sincere condolences at our relief society tonight from people asking if i was able to get my pictures back.

wow i'm longwinded.

anyways, i scoured google and found something promising.  i took the plunge to rebuild my database (i have no clue what that means) and uninstall and reinstall picasa to my computer.  it was scary but i did it.  and guess what.  everything came back!  all of my pictures, all of my screenshots, all of my edits, my stars, EVERYTHING.  and it made me think of this...

42 Now, there is a death which is called a temporal death; and the death of Christ shall loose the abands of this temporal death, that all shall be raised from this temporal death.
 43 The spirit and the body shall be areunited again in its bperfectform; both limb and joint shall be restored to its proper frame, even as we now are at this time; and we shall be brought to stand before God, cknowing even as we know now, and have a brightdrecollection of all our eguilt.
 44 Now, this restoration shall come to all, both old and young, both bond and free, both male and female, both the wicked and the righteous; and even there shall not so much as a hair of their heads be lost; but every thing shall be arestored to its perfect frame, as it is now, or in the body, and shall be brought and be arraigned before the bar of Christ the Son, and God the bFather, and the Holy Spirit, which is cone Eternal God, to be djudged according to their works, whether they be good or whether they be evil.
 45 Now, behold, I have spoken unto you concerning the adeath of the mortal body, and also concerning the bresurrection of the mortal body. I say unto you that this mortal body is craised to andimmortal body, that is from death, even from the first death unto life, that they can edie no more; their spirits uniting with their bodies, never to be divided; thus the whole becoming fspiritual and immortal, that they can no more see corruption.
(alma 11:42-45; bold added... by me) 

so really, i don't mean for this to be sacrilegious but y'know... not so much as a red eye correction was lost.  every picture was restored to its perfect frame.  i am so grateful.  for all of this.

2 comments:

Diana C. said...

Carrie.... I love you! I can't wait to see you next week

Lydia said...

I am SO glad it worked out and the scripture reference definitely applies here!! Nothing is too small =) I love it....haha funny, the word verification is casons (that's my kids name Cason just in case that made no sense to you lol)