Wednesday, December 14, 2011

craigslist: is this a joke?

click to enlarge
there are so many things wrong with this i don't even know where to begin.  some people take themselves very seriously.  

first, i'm glad you listed the jars and the lids separately.  i used to use that same tactic when attempting to fill out my resume because i had no experience or anything in general that would make someone want to hire me.  

second, if there's no food inside, does it really matter that they're beechnut brand?  i bought beechnut for baby girl because it was the cheapest... little did i know of the superior quality of the jars/lids.  

smoke free home?  please.  like i need jars from a smoke free home (does glass pick up smoke smells?) to use for candles.

but really?  TWENTY dollars for some empty baby food jars?  i'm pretty sure i could pay about that amount for the same thing, with food inside that could actually feed my kid, and then just toss it in the dishwasher myself.  and lastly, if you are hoping to blow another ten dollars, have them carefully packaged and then flat rated to your door.

i really really really hope this is a teenager trying her hand at being a young entrepreneur.  this can't actually be a real mom, right?  

but if it IS a kid, i have to say that it was excellently written up and a far better idea than those kids in my neighborhood trying to sell me a rock.  i mean, whatever happened to a good lemonade/hot chocolate stand?!?!  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! I could make some serious cash selling the baby food jars I have...that I got for free...i pity the fool who buys these.
also, fyi: beechnut and gerber have different tinted glass. I can't remember which is which but one is blue glass and one is grey glass...sad that I noticed that? Yes.

Mary Mitchell said...

you better be glad the kids in your neighborhood are trying to sell you empty baby food jars and rocks .... the kids in mine are trying to sell bigger, better, and more illegal items. xoxo chamblee.