Friday, December 9, 2011

extra large clothes

i don't really enjoy shopping.  probably because i'm indecisive and spending money gives me a panic attack.  so, when i must shop, i almost exclusively spent my time by the clearance racks, which are organized by size.  i used to only look at my sized sections but then i learned better.

love it or hate it, this dress and cardigan are both size XL (which coincidentally is the loving pet name my dear friend weed aka sisar lisa aka sister lisa aka lisa zimmerman gave me).  the cardigan was $11 i think.. and i also bought it in black in an XS... but i love this gray one way more.  the dress?  it's actually just a really huge (because it's a generous fitting XL) tunic style top priced at a fabulous $8.  the sides cinch up, so i did that and then just tied them in back... and with the cardigan on you can't even tell.  so now i have a modest, cheap, banana republic outfit more comfortable than pjs.  i'm a believer.


ps- the boot dilemma (well, as far as brown boots go... i'm still on the hunt for black) is no more.  with the help of my wonderful mother and trying on every single pair of reasonable boots in the outlets near my house, i found this pair of boots that fit all of the criteria.  hallelujah!  so mother gave them to me for my birthday and now i get to love her just that much more every time i wear them.


ps- it's just an unflattering angle.  i swear my leg does not look thaaat much like the leg of an eight year old girl.  well... i hope.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Oh, I'm so jealous of your long skinny legs, always have been!! Cute outfit. I have almost the same one. You've inspired me so much I think I'll wear it to church tomorrow!

Lydia said...

I LOVE every little thing about your outfit...even your legs LoL =) And I want you boots, they are gorgeous!!

Lyndel said...

do you have a christmas tree in your bedroom!? i love it :)
Boots look fabulous too!