Tuesday, February 28, 2012

for the love of heels

i've spent the last many years of my life avoiding heels because i'm 5' 9''.  but last summer when i moved here i realized that all of the girls in our ward, regardless of height, wore super tall heels.  well, as we know... i'm a follower.  so i happily sport three inch heels now.  

and so does baby girl.



















these shoes are target brand, they're very plain, and they were given to me for free from someone who didn't want them anymore.  despite all of that, they make me feel pretty and i love them.

i must say, it was a very pleasant surprise for me.  and i don't even care that i wear them almost every sunday without fail.  because feeling pretty knows no logic.

in other news...

tonight for dinner i made this recipe for crock pot creamy chicken and wild rice soup.  it calls for a stick of butter and two cups of half and half so it's not exactly low fat or anything, but you could totally cut back on the butter and use milk instead of half and half.  i used milk last time and it tasted delish.  i'm trying to put on a few lbs though so i used half and half this time... honestly can't even taste the difference.  also, i doubled the celery and carrots (even though i don't like celery) and i think next time i make it i'll triple both.  more carrots because i love carrots and more celery because i hate celery and you can't even taste it in this recipe so it's a good way for me to get myself to eat it!

also, we had young womens tonight and it was soooo fun.  i act like one of them though.  i think i need to tone it down and try to act more adult.  i feel like i do a pretty good job on sundays of acting like a grownup but it's way more difficult for me at mutual during the week.

with the combo of a busy day yesterday and today, i got my visiting teaching done!  between sickness and snow it was very very tricky this month.  but since it's a leap year i can say i even had a day to spare!

i did laundry today.  i kind of have a special love for laundry because it makes me feel so accomplished.  and really, it's something that i can do almost entirely in bed.  win win for us all.

i think my baby looks so cute when she's sleeping.  i think her daddy looks even cuter... occasional snoring and all... i love it because it is amazingly precious.

to those that actually comment on my posts:   i love you and it makes my day.  y'know... like if i'd told you a joke that wasn't funny but you laughed anyways... just to make me feel better.  i appreciate it.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Oooh! Thanks for that recipe! It looks deeelicious!

Lydia said...

I haven't read blog post in days so I just got caught up on all of yours!! You sound like everything is SO fun! I LOVE it!! And about heels...I myself am obsessed and Brett doesn't even complain too much when they make me taller than he. haha that's love right?? Oh we miss y'all so much. Brett even was looking up that book you talked about last night because he said Chris liked it and he is pretty sure he will to if Chris did. LoL