Sunday, February 26, 2012

my honey

i have such a wonderful husband.  he's really great all the time but lately he's just blowing me away.  so much of my time now goes to young womens stuff and honey is just really picking up the pieces for stuff i can't get to anymore.  3 sundays a month now i have meetings before church.  so honey goes to his 6am bishopric meeting and then rushes home so i can get to the church by 7 30 for my meeting.  while i'm at my meeting, he wakes baby up, feeds her, dresses her, packs snacks, and gets them to church on time.  he's really risen to the challenge on that one.

he's done more dishes in the past two weeks than in the past several months combined.  and he's doing the undesirable stuff too that i'm too wimpy to take care of... like putting out the trash and recycling... i totally used to do that before it got so cold and so dark.  now i just ask my honey and he'll go around the house to collect all of the trash, including the diaper pail, and take everything to the curb.

it makes me think of when i was pregnant and so super sick.  when i was at home, i laid in bed for every single waking and non waking moment.  and my honey really rose to the challenge of it all.  he did all of the dishes and cleaning.  he fed himself.  he brought me leftovers in bed and begged me to attempt to eat them and was my own personal cheerleader every time i tearfully took a bite.  he brought me my toothbrush with toothpaste on it so i could brush my teeth in bed and only have to get out once to rinse my mouth.  he did everything.  and even when the sickness went away and was one week later replaced by the most extreme fatigue ever, he still waited on me.  and was so patient every saturday when instead of going to sporting events  and other things on campus, i just wanted to lay in bed.  it was like his whole existence was just for me... just to make my life easier.  he has such a precious, quiet way of serving.  it melts my heart.  i really wish i was as patient and full of selfless service as he is.  buuuut instead, i'll just try to be so super especially grateful.  because i really do have so very much to be grateful for.

especially because this afternoon he had me laughing so hard i could barely breathe.  laughing soooo hard i couldn't see through all the tears as they soaked my face and spotted my pillowcase.  oh my goodness.  it was pretty awesome.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I like this post more than words can say. Your marriage makes me smile, Carrie. :)