Saturday, February 18, 2012

our new ceiling fan!

and every single other picture from my camera today.  



whoops


playing hello! goodbye!


i dreaded baby being able to open doors but i hadn't anticipated the hours of fun that would come of it.  now i embrace it.


still groggy


playing hockey


check out the piles of snow that will. not. melt.




yup, that's my fall wreath still on the door.  i'm not crafty more than once a year so that'll probably be year round for me.  ;-)


loooove the ear flaps on this hat and the little window it creates for baby's face


check out that latter contraption... it's actually two ladders, of different heights, tied together with ropes.


that's when you're thankful for eagle scouts that know their boy scout knots.


the finished product!
i saved up birthday money from my in-laws and christmas money from my parents so really, today feels like a wonderful ceiling fan birthday christmas combo sort of day.  i'm so very excited about this ceiling fan.  it will be fabulous during summer (we have no AC.  didn't know they made houses without AC?  me neither... until i fell in love with this one and found out!) and i'm already loving it during winter because it gets dark so early and now we have light!  we have had zero light in this room since we moved in.  really, zero... we have a table lamp but never turn it on because of the harsh shadows and it doesn't light up a room this big.  so we've been living in the dark.  especially because 5 out of the 6 light bulbs in the entry way pendant light have been out as well... but with our makeshift super tall ladder we fixed that too!

LET THERE BE LIGHT!!!  i am giddy with excitement.  

and because i know that anyone that knows my honey is wondering how we got that ceiling fan installed... well, we have a wonderful friend that came over to do it for us.  he liked the challenge and we liked not paying lowes a $275 installation fee.  oh happy day.

2 comments:

sorham said...

So I think it is hilarious that you mentioned not having an air conditioner. Lydia said the same thing about not knowing they made houses without them. Growing up in Colorado I didn't realize air conditioners were a common thing in a house, I never had one. I don't believe you need one in Colorado, it never gets that hot and the nights cool down so nicely you just have to open a window. Anyway this is a pointless post I just thought it is funny because Lydia and I have had this conversation many times.

Staci said...

How did you deal with it, Carrie? I mean, having a room without a light or just using a table lamp… My father doesn’t really want our house to be dim and all that because he wants to see everything that’s happening, hehe. It’s for safety purposes as well. Good thing you purchased a ceiling fan with a light. It’s one of the convenient appliances at home you would want to have. It’s a great décor too!

Staci Severns