Sunday, January 25, 2015

The wizard of oz

After we got home from the Rockies fest, we ate lunch, hung out for a bit reading books, and then Abigail and I were off for Lucy's birthday party. 



The whole way home from Lucy's party, Abigail was yawning like crazy and I told her she could either nap in the car right then or nap at home since we had a late night ahead of us. She didn't nap in the car, so honey laid down with her after we got home and she took a little nap from 4-5 or so. Then it was off to August moon for dinner with the Hilliers. Abigail was still a little groggy and weepy (she's lightly emotional when tired) but did just fine once everyone got there. 

Dinner was wonderful and delicious as always. That's kind of our place that we always go before plays. We had a blast hanging out and talking to everyone. Brady was awesome and stayed in his high chair the whole time and Abigail ate a ton of food and even what I couldn't finish on my own plate. 

This is the first time we've intentionally brought Brady to a play with us. Last time (for shrek), we planned to take Abigail but got a babysitter for Brady. Well, he's never super excited about babysitters, but turns out, he's inconsolable when he's alone with one without even Abigail to help him.  For shrek, I ended up having to run home between dinner and the play to grab him and take the babysitter home and being Brady with us and he was actually great during the whole show. So this time, I asked my mother in law to get tickets for both kids. 

Brady did great until it started and then he was freaked out because it was so loud and the actors were all fighting and yelling. "I want to go home" happened instantly and frequently but I gave him a binky and eventually he stopped talking so much. ; )  There were a lot of scary and jumpy parts where he would crawl to my chest and clutch me while he burrowed his head in my neck, and then as soon as they passed, he wanted to turn around on my lap to watch the songs and whatever. 



My mil took him during intermission to get cookies and he was all about that. 


Both kids were all about those cookies. 


The second half of the show was interesting for me because I have no recollection of the second half of the movie! I need to watch it again! Anyways, my favorite part of the experience was probably when Brady would ask to sit on Chris's lap so honey was holding a kid with each arm and it was so precious... No pictures of that though because it was while the show was going on. 


All in all, it was a big success and a really fun night out. On the way home, we kept asking the kids if they were tired (it was almost 10:30) and Abigail kept yawning and saying yes, meanwhile Brady was all "no sleep! I wanna play!"  The best was that Abigail kept responding em very calmly to him each time saying "Brady, yes, we need to go to sleep when we get home. It's really past our bedtime."  


And they both passed out as soon as we got them to bed. Whew! 

No comments: