Sunday, September 27, 2015

September 28, 2014

Technically it's midnight so I can go ahead and start celebrating. Because even though I spent my day completely exhausted, my mind wakes up at night and I lay in bed for hours just thinking. Tonight, I'm thinking about how September 28th 2015 marks four months since Elizabeth was born. That blows my mind. How did that even happen?!  I'm also thinking back to September 28th 2014 and how I can't believe that it's already been a whole year since then. That was the day I got an actual positive pregnancy test. It was a Sunday and honey was at ward council. After church, we got home and got out of the car. I pulled honey to the front of our house, out of earshot of Abigail. Honey was almost annoyed because he thought I was going to say something about our weeping spruce (which has since been somewhat fixed). I told him I was pregnant and he was so insanely happy. I'm pretty positive that my honey is at his very happiest, most euphoric state of mind in the seconds following finding out that we're going to have a baby. It was a wonderful moment and such a happy day. 

Time is such a crazy thing. Thinking about the last year and the last four months. Each seem like forever and just the blink of an eye... Simultaneously. A year ago I found out I was pregnant... And now my precious Elizabeth is already four months old.

I'm overwhelmed with wonder and gratitude and I'm just left completely speechless. 

No comments: