Wednesday, September 9, 2015

So depressed about Walmart

In case you were unaware, I love shopping at Walmart. I know almost every person on the street will bash Walmart and say how horrible it is (I used to be one of those people), but ever since I moved to Parker four years ago, I've been obsessed with Walmart. I love the inexpensive prices, that it's open 24/7, that I can save hundreds of dollars by price matching, and that it's a one stop shop for pretty much everything I need. There are always a million workers and if something isn't on the shelf, I can ask a worker and they happily go check to see if there are more in the back. Tonight I had a worker check and when she came back to tell me the item was out of stock right now, she let me know that they should be receiving more either tomorrow night or the following night. I feel like everyone is always courteous and going above and beyond. 

Over the last six weeks, I've had little things here and there that have been less than stellar, which is unusual since my Walmart is incredible. I didn't think too much of it. I went shopping last Tuesday though and had a downright bad experience with some guy (I think his name is Dave... He normally works evenings) that wanted me to show him the ad for every item I price matched and then threw a fit about price matching my chocolate milk. He even told me "our price matching policy is clearly posted on the wall of the customer service section if you'd like to review it."  He gave me attitude, was rude, and was blatantly in the wrong (because I'm actually VERY familiar with the price match policy and I know it all). Before I left the store, I reviewed the policy (to be sure again that I was correct) and had to really hold myself back on my way out from politely telling him that maybe he should take a minute to review that policy. I also talked to two women working in the customer service dept and they assured me that he was wrong and I was right and I should just avoid going to him next time and I won't have any more problems. 

Wrong. Tonight I went super later after the kids were in bed and got this Asian lady that was almost as bad as that other guy. Checked the ad on everything and was actually doubting me and quadruple checking stuff to make sure it was the right size etc. She doubted my on the vine tomatoes and told me I was mistaking them for Roma and she was trying to do math conversion (as I explained it to her) about the 48 ounce container of ice cream and if that was the same as 1.4 or whatever liters. And when she was taking so long and the line was backing up (because she was the only register open), she yelled out for backup with a very annoyed and loud "I've got a price marcher over here."  Seriously?!  You're blaming this on me?! I've done this for years and I'm here to tell you, I'm not the problem in this situation. 

Anyway, I thought about it on my way home. How could my Walmart of over four years be going downhill so fast?! So I got home and checked my receipt. I didn't recognize the manager name at the top. I went through my old receipts. Sure enough, there it was. My Walmart got a new manager sometime between my 7.29.15 visit and my next visit at the beginning of August. I am so depressed. 

Everything is all clicking now about these rude cashiers acting like price matching is inconvenient or dishonest and stating that it's my responsibility to bring and show the ad which is in complete opposition to the corporate policy (they just say that their store has slightly different rules from their manager because of some price matching issues they've been having), and how the computer system flags price matched items that are at a steep enough discount. I've barely even scratched the surface of my experiences in the past month but it seriously makes me so angry.

Also though, it just makes me depressed. I mean, grocery shopping is a weekly thing and it's kind of a big part of life. Where and how you buy your food. And now I'm trying rid figure out where to go from here. Price match at target? Shop directly at king soopers since it's close and they typically have the best sales? Do Walmart to go on most of my groceries and then just buy the other items wherever they're on sale? 

It shouldn't affect my mood so much (I'm currently looking sleep over this), but I'm just annoyed and sad. Also, what happened to The previous manager and why did this Walmart make the change? I swear I'm going to get to the bottom of this. After I cry myself to sleep. 

No comments: