Sunday, September 13, 2015

Stake conference Sunday

I guess I didn't take a single picture today. Brady took two though. Of me. Ha. 12:30 and 3:30... I guess I spent a lot of time in bed today. Which was wonderful because apparently weekends are my only time to read. Last weekend I read a book about poop (so even though that's in the parenting category, I'm still counting it that I read a book) and this weekend I'm reading a book about wine (it's just a basic novel, pretty boring and not very emotionally involved... Just the way I like them)... Except I still have about a hundred pages to go so unless I stay up late tonight, I won't be able to finish it. Cold weather brings out the "I want to read" in me and it's amazing. I really love reading. I thank my mom for that. Anyways, today I spent some time reading in bed. And eating Lindt dark chocolate with roasted almonds. It was delightful. 




This morning we had stake conference. I had so much trouble focusing and I hate that. It didn't grip me like our last stake conference. I know it was on my end more than the speakers' end so it's especially frustrating. I'm glad no one will quiz me on it because I would fail to remember a single detail, and I'm also glad that I'll have an infinite number of opportunities to come to learn about the gospel. 

After church we ate more leftovers from Carmine's on penn from Thursday night. And had the kids play quietly for a few hours. We all went on a family walk later  around the neighborhood and it was like we had the whole place to ourselves because the Broncos game was going on so everyone was inside. Our neighborhood turns into a ghost town during Broncos games. By the end of our walk, I was finally getting honey to open up and start talking and when we got home, we all hung out on the driveways and played in the yard. Honey and I sat in our camp chairs and talked. An hour or two later and we headed in for dinner. The kids ate quesadillas and sweet potatoes and pluots while honey did dishes and I took Elizabeth up for bed. Our whole walk around the neighborhood and play in the yard totaled about three hours and she managed to stay awake for the entire thing, so she was long overdue for some sleep. 

First Elizabeth and then Brady and then Abigail. All to bed. It may just be that Brady has progressed into this super awesome kid, or that Elizabeth is so sweet and happy that she brings out the sweet and happy in the rest of us, but three kids for me is easier than having two. Not the transition to three kids, I mean the actual having three kids. Also, I keep having this phantom child feeling that throws me for a loop ten times a day. I'll be watching Abigail and Brady and then have to look or find or consciously remember where Elizabeth is (even if she's in my arms) because she's basically a pet rock. So then even when I have an eye on all three, I find myself trying to place another kid. A fourth kid. But there's not a fourth kid.  Maybe it's because Elizabeth is normally the kid that is there but that I'm forgetting, so when I remember her, I'm still trying to "remember" another kid. That probably doesn't make sense in writin but I can't describe it any other way. 

As honey put it several weeks ago over dinner at Texas Roadhouse... "We should have another kid right now while it still feels like we only have two."

Amen. If that was physically possible for me, I would 100% be all over that. 

No comments: