Sunday, September 27, 2015

Shooting on pooh bear

9.27.15

Sunday mornings seem to be especially difficult for me to get out of bed. Today was no exception. I even took Brady potty and then got back in bed and made him snuggle me for at least an hour longer. 

His treat of choice lately for going potty is one of those mellow creme pumpkins. See? Here it is. 

Brady thought I was hilarious this morning saying "Brady, do you have a soccer ball on your shirt?!  Oh, no. You have a basketball!!!"  He kept laughing like crazy (even doing that weird head nod laugh like a muppet or something) and saying "do it again!!!!" a million times. I love that he thinks I'm so funny. He flatters me.  

We take selfies together. Because we share this love of iPhone photography. 



Brady really wanted to play hockey but he was smart enough to realize that "yeah, in a little bit" was code for "I'm never getting out of bed" so he set things up accordingly. 

We took turns shooting on pooh bear. Who is large enough that, even though he didn't move, he was able to block most all of our shots. 

Abigail joined us. She was being a bossy pants until I reminded her that this was Brady's game that he set up and was letting her play. I explained that she didn't have the authority to decide the rules (or yell at people with minor infractions) and surprisingly, she was receptive to that. It made it pleasant for all of us. 

I find the paint on my ceilings so interesting. Anyone else have ceilings painted anything other than white? 

Brady is so independent. He wants to do everything by himself. I know that's typical for a two year old, but he's actually really good at stuff and it's still making me sad that he's growing up so fast. 

But then he'll give me a tantrum or two just so we can reminisce about his days as a constantly crying newborn. ; ) 

He's still high maintence sometimes. As honey said tonight... "Ugh! It's so frustrating!" about how Brady threw so many fits so easily and how he only ever wants me and never honey. 

I'm a mean mom, but our kids do seem to prefer me when they need nurturing. Maybe eventually Brady will learn that Christopher can comfort him too. Maybe. 

No comments: