Sunday, September 13, 2015

Which tape?

AKA "the third time's the charm"

I put this picture frame in Abigail's room recently. And of course it didn't take long before she found a way to semi break it. She bent the stand part so far back that now it won't stand. Last night while I was reading her books, honey walked in... Just getting home from adult session of stake conference. "Would you go downstairs and get me some scotch tape so I can fix Abigail's frame? Scotch tape... Like you use to wrap presents."  He came back with painters tape. "No honey, you call this scotch tape? This is masking tape... I need scotch tape, like you use to wrap presents."  So then he returned a minute later and tossed me packing tape. "Honey, seriously?!  This is packing tape. I need scotch tape. Like the TAPE YOU USE TO WRAP PRESENTS!" I spelled it out as clearly as I could. But then he didn't return. Abigail even prayed in her prayer "please help daddy to find the right tape." Ha. 

So after she was asleep, I went downstairs and found my honey watching the byu game... With some scotch tape on the coffee table in front of him. 

So I fixed the frame and then, during a commercial, took the opportunity to give him a lesson on different varieties of tape. 

Scotch tape= tape that says "scotch" on the outside... Like what you use to wrap presents. 
Masking/painters tape= brown tape and the inside of the roll will say "painter's choice!"
Packing tape= clear tape that you use to pack and mail boxes... The inside will reference the U.S. Postal service. 


Classic honey... He's a genius but he has no clue what the different tapes are called. I was relieved to find out that he genuinely had no clue... Otherwise I would have been annoyed that he was too lazy to get the right tape.  I would have assumed he just grabbed whatever was closest or easiest to get to. So, yeah, this was definitely better. 

Hopefully next time he'll be able to get it right before the third time. 

No comments: