Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Baseball, Goodwill, and Home at 4:20

Tuesday

Today was good. I stayed up til 2am or so last night doing a million loads of laundry and dishes and then unloading the dishwasher and sweeping and cleaning the kitchen and just a bunch of things like that so I would be caught up in the morning and not feeling behind all day. It worked. Today was much better if a day than yesterday. 

I got Abigail to school on time and without any problems. Brady worked on a puzzle (somehow I've never taught him to do puzzles before now... Whoops) and hung out with Elizabeth while I did a few things. I played baseball with Brady and Elizabeth (he got her all dressed up when I was in my bathroom refilling the soap dispenser so when I got out and saw them, I about died) and pitched while Brady was up at bat and Elizabeth was the outfielder retrieving the ball. And then we took turns and Brady pitched while I batted. We all wore our Rockies gear (they wore jerseys and hats while I wore my Rockies shirt) and it was just awesome. 

After lunch, Elizabeth went down for nap by 12:30, Brady took forever to finish eating, and then he had quiet time from 1:45-3:15. This was the fort time I've had him so quiet time like that where he's been awake the whole time and it went pretty well. I spent my part of quiet time bring up the crap we've been collecting in our basement to donate. I took notes on my phone and got it loaded in my car. I got the kids loaded in the car around 3:30 and we had just the perfect amount of time to drop everything by goodwill and then get to Abigail's school by 3:55 for pickup. Jodi arrived right before we did so I had fun talking with her as we walked to get our girls. And I had fun visiting briefly with Abigail's teacher. I feel so much more connected to her day at school walking up to get her instead of just driving through the pickup line. It's nice to do while the weather is so pleasant. We got home by 4:10 and honey by 4:20!  It was such a wonderful surprise! Abigail did her things quickly and I was able to do some schoolwork with her and then the two of us read some of her new magic tree house book (that she got from the school library today) upstairs together while honey stayed downstairs with the other two. 

When we came down, honey and Brady were in the basement (meanwhile our play kitchen had fallen over onto Elizabeth... A dad's version of watching a baby is so much different than a mom's version. Ha!) as honey looked for more stuff to get rid of. So I got Elizabeth in her high chair with some food and had abigail sit at the table and read to her for 20 minutes while honey and I went through his bins of old shirts. He set aside almost every single one of them to donate! Woohoo! We also set aside some other stuff and eventually called it good with our successful time in the basement. 

We had frozen pizza (I'm loving the Kirkland brand cheese pizza... The sauce isn't spicy at all and the crust is really good) with steamed broccoli and cantaloupe. Honey took the kids up for bed, we all hung out while he read bedtime books, and Elizabeth kept her face slapping (no idea why, but when honey lays on the floor to read the kids books, she whacks his head pretty hard every 20 seconds or so... It's so strange and unrelated to her typical behavior) to a minimum. 

All the kids went to bed easily and honey and I watched some of the voice/Rockies game/who wants to be a millionaire and the pilot of the show this is us before I told him goodnight and got up to clean the kitchen. It made me happy to spend that time with him. It was just a great night together as a family. The atmosphere was happy and kinda different feeling than usual. For some reason, it just felt like a special night. I told honey he should come home at 4:20 every day from now on. 

I'm pretty sure he won't. But a girl can dream. 

Feeling so accomplished. 

He loves her so much. 

I wish I could have seen him dress her. He'd asked me if we could dress her up and I said yes but didn't think anything of it. He went and got his jersey, unbuttoned it all, put it on her arms and around her, rebut toned it all, and then put a hat on her. And she was thrilled. 

Smiling at brady wearing his own baseball getup. 

Then he spent the next 20 minutes trying to get her to keep her hat on. It was great. 









No comments: