Sunday, September 18, 2016

Gymnastics, dugout, seafood, mini golf

Saturday morning I got the kids up early and we went to Thalia's gymnastics meet. All of those tiny little competing gymnasts. 

But Jamison and Julian were playing games on phones so of course Abigail and Brady were instantly more into that than the actual gymnastics meet. 

I made Abigail watch when it was Thalia's turn on something, but other than that, I think it was just me watching. Ha. We may not be going back for more meets...

Honey was anxious for us to get home so we could go ahead with the fun day he planned for us. First stop, the dugout store to use up an obscene amount of credit on Rockies gear. We get credit with the season tickets and have to spend it by the end of the season or it goes to waste. I got two pairs of pants, two pullovers, and a shirt. Abigail got a hat. Honey got a pullover that I actually love. Brady got two hats, a purple jersey, a t shirt, and a glove. Elizabeth got two more Rockies sippies. And honey also got more gloves or glider airplanes or things like that for his birthday gift stash. All of this is comical because we aren't really Rockies fans. Although our closest a would tell a different story. 

Then we hit up pappadeaux for lunch. We had a giftcard and the kids and I had never been. I'm hooked. It was delish and the environment and our servers were top notch. I wanted shrimp and catfish and the server had me order a platter and switched out the tilapia for catfish so I wouldn't have to choose one or the other. No where near as amazing as granny's or mom's catfish, but for a restaurant, it was good. We got the calamari for our appetize but next time I told honey I want to get the seafood mac and cheese appetizer. I told him next time he's taking me there for a date night. 

The kids loved it. They like the calamari and their shrimp and my catfish and Elizabeth enjoyed all of those things plus the tomatoes from honey's salad that he never got to. 




And then honey had a groupon so we went mini golfing. Ha. We live the high life with discounts. 



Initially, Brady was thrilled and Abigail was complaining that she doesn't like golf, but once we got there and started playing, they were both loving it. All four of us even got at least one hole in one. Although Abigail's hole in one came from hitting it half way there, and then Brady's shot hitting her ball perfectly that it miraculously rolled in the hole. So technically a hole in one for her even though her ball required two hits. Brady was pretty good. He's had quite a bit of golfing experience and practice. Abigail could never get how to hold her putter and then would get impatient and just swing it with one hand while her ball was still in motion from the previous hit. Like this...


Honey and I each tried to help her so many times but our efforts were in vain. Some people just don't care about learning proper technique. 


And we were all tired when we got home and just tried to hang in there til it was time to get baths and go to bed. Abigail did an awesome job practicing her talk a bunch of times. 

Brady would "call" me and I would use my phone and pretend to have a conversation with him. He thought it was amazing and honestly he was so insanely adorable. He didn't know when my phone was up to my ear that I was actually snapping photos of him. 

Literally giddy. Sometimes he's a punk, but most of the time he's great. And when he's cute, he is downright irresistible. 

No comments: