Sunday, September 18, 2016

Red party

I volunteered in Abigail's class for the fort time this year. I sat outside of their room and tested each kid on their list of sight words and wrote down their new list of ten sight words. I really liked it. Brady and Elizabeth liked going to Janel's house to play with Bodie and Sloane. 

Abigail's class had a red party to celebrate everyone being at red level or higher (I think it's some sort of good behavior thing where they get stars. I should know better because Abigail is SUPER into it). 

Abigail started this year still being too cool for school and saying she didn't actually like it. Then she liked it. Now she's to the point where she tells me "mom, sometimes when I'm not at school, I wish I was at school because I just love it so much because it's sooo fun!"  Ha. I'm excited for her enthusiasm (it's a dream come true for me because I always hated school) and trying not to be offended. ; ) 

I put Elizabeth down for nap by 1 and then worked on letters with Brady. But when he started being bratty, I sent him to his room... So of course he fell asleep. That was at 1:45 I think and Bodie and Sloane came over from 2:15-3:15. That was sort of sat that they came over and I didn't even have Brady awake to play with them. So I played hockey with them and hung out outside while they played too. Sadly, Brady woke up at 4 and his first sleepy words were "when is Bodie coming over?" I felt like the worst mother ever (I did half hearted try to wake him up earlier) when he cried and cried and cried that he'd missed it. Whoops. ; (

I made that chocolate turtle bundt cake for Shaylee's girls night. I was so proud of myself for thinking ahead and making the cake on Thursday and having it frosted by 5 on Friday. I am a completely different person than I was 10 years ago. 

It was a cool 68* but I told the kids id take them to the pool. It ended up being closed (they'd said it was supposed to stay open til the 18th!) so we went to the playground instead.

My husband is silly. 





I got back from Shaylee's around midnight and walked in to this. For maybe a month or so, Brady had been staying in his bed all night. He's totally regressed. So, we're working on that again. That kid. 

It was a busy and fun day. 

No comments: