Sunday, September 18, 2016

Sunday

My first Sunday back after missing two weeks in a row for Brady's hand foot and mouth! 

Last Sunday our new neighbors told us that they loved our family values and were looking for a church (they said they've been to church one time in the last ten years or so) and wanted to come to ours with us sometime. I dropped off the August friend magazine to them the following day. It sounded like they'd like to join us at church sometime in the next few months. So that's exciting. 

Abigail gave the talk in primary today. Honey wrote it for her and we practiced it last night. He texted it to me this morning since I would be the one helping her. 

So those two stories together, I kinda laughed when I saw these two texts next to each other after sacrament meeting ended this morning. 

Abigail did a great job giving her talk and did it totally by herself (although I stood with her to keep the phone screen from going black). I love that she can read. I can't believe how good she is considering a year ago she only knew maybe three letters and couldn't even tell you what sounds they made. 

Getting home, the kids did their things, I made them plates of food and then fed Elizabeth and put her down for nap. And then I went to my own room and fell asleep around 2:45 or so. Of course when I woke up at 4:15, they'd trashed the kitchen and I was instantly yelling and in a bad mood. Sooo, the rest of the day wasn't spectacular but, looking at the positives, the kids enjoyed playing together afternoon with no technology. Abigail's favorite thing is crafting. Always a big mess, but it entertains her for hours. 


Brady keeps wanting to wear his new football footie pjs but then gets sweaty and takes them off. On and off and on and off. This only reaffirms to me my good decision this summer to hide all footie pjs in the basement so the kids couldn't wear them. 

Elizabeth is so good at going up and down stairs. Super fast too except that she goes slower when she's not wearing a onesie. To avoid carpet burn on her bare belly. 

Brushing her teeth is her favorite and least favorite part of the day. 

It cracks me up every time. 

Somehow when I tell my honey, "and have Brady clean his room... But check it real well after to make sure he doesn't just throw everything in is closet," that never actually happens. In our household, the dad take shortcuts. We call it "efficiency" or something like that. 

How has it already been another well? Life is flying by and here we go again! 

No comments: