Wednesday, September 26, 2012

a little break

ever since i got back from atlanta, i haven't been liking my calling too much.  it just seems like there's always too much to do and too much out of my control.  it's stressing me out and making me feel like a major failure.  tonight i had a meeting with my presidency and was able to focus and get some stuff taken care of.  i'm also trying to be more organized about delegating the responsibilities that aren't actually mine to take care of in the first place and being better about asking for help.  i know i'm going to need to pare back as i near my due date so with three months left, i'm going to try to do that gradually.  i think it's working already because tonight i've been feeling much better about things than i have this past week.

sometimes i have to step back and manually help myself to love my calling.  it's not like we ask for these things but they are given to us lovingly.

and now i'm off to bed.

2 comments:

Lydia said...

very wise words...i have to remind myself all the time (primary chorister) eh.

Cherie said...

I think you're amazing for all that you do, Carrie! I love reading all of your posts and you always seem to uplift me in some way. I'm in my Primary Presidency and in charge of the primary program so I've been feeling this way a lot lately. Thanks for putting it into words so well! Hope you guys had a great trip to Atlanta. I love all the pictures and you really are the cutest pregnant girl I know. So excited for you!