Thursday, September 13, 2012

25 weeks

How far along:  25 weeks  (9.13.12)
Total weight gain/loss: +19 lbs... i think.
Maternity clothes:  i hate jeans.  i hate clothes in general all the time but my thick and quickly expanding hips and thighs are making pants so uncomfortable.  i have GOT to find some suitable jeans next week because the jeans i've been wearing are really on their last days.  in the meantime though i'm learning to love those maternity skinnies more and more.  even if they still fall off every time i bend over.
Sleep:  it's good.  i haven't been waking up to go to the bathroom and even though i know i dream, it's nothing too horrific or vivid that leaves me exhausted when i wake up in the morning.  it's just normal sleep.  which is glorious.  and i'm so grateful my body doesn't ache during the night.
Best moment this week:  this has got to most definitely be coming to atlanta!!!  and eating milky way ice cream. both of those things.  
Movement:  i'd have to say same as last week.  not tons of movement and not the super powerful kicks like before.  still, he'll lay crosswise super low and it's definitely uncomfortable.  hopefully that won't get worse though because he should move head down sometime in the near future.
Food cravings:  i haven't loved food as much this week.  sweets, yes.  but actual food, not so much.  it seems like there's more of a divide this week.  if i'm eating it i'm either going nuts over it or i'm kinda just forcing it down to fill my stomach.  i've been getting frequent headaches since tuesday that make me feel nauseous so i'm sure that has something to do with things.  maybe some of it was travel anxiety as well and that i frequently have trouble getting enough of an appetite when i'm traveling.  we'll see how the next seven days go.  but really, if i had to only eat one thing for the rest of my life, it would be milky way ice cream.  with an always full, tall glass of milk.  
Gender:  BOY!  i haven't been thinking about names much lately, but i really feel like his name needs to start with a B.  i've felt that way since before i found out i was pregnant though so i'm interested to see if this will really be the case.
What I miss:  jeans that fit?  i dunno.  i'm pretty sure the real answer is "absolutely nothing.  this is awesome."
Milestones:   that i'm big enough now that strangers can't help but strike up conversation about the belly.  everyone wants to wish me congratulations and know if it's a boy or girl.  the bump is kinda like a big sign that says "talk to me!  let's be friends!" which is really fun.
Theme: the week of getting ready for atlanta!  pregnancy exacerbates my emotions.  and since i get severe travel anxiety, this is really not a good thing.  but somehow i managed to survive five days of bad anxiety and one day of travel so now i can just enjoy my time here in atlanta!
Extra:  i think i've been experiencing slight symptoms of heartburn but i really don't know because i don't know what heartburn actually feels like.  i think i MAY have gotten it two times last pregnancy for like five minutes each but who really knows.  but this time it just feels like something is stuck in my throat kinda.  can you get heartburn just in your throat or is this just something else entirely?  
i stress daily about getting my jeans on.  i tried on at least twenty five pairs of jeans on tuesday trying to guess what would be safest to take to atlanta (like what actually still fits that i am least likely to grow out of in the next ten days?) and was sad to see that at least twenty pairs of jeans barely or don't even come close to fitting over my hips.  i never had this problem last time around.  i wore the same jeans my entire pregnancy just by using the bella band.  this time, my legs are outgrowing my jeans faster than my belly and i'm going to be pantsless soon.
my patience is less than before so i frequently find my child annoying (which my mother and sister are loving laughing at).  this has been comforting to me that i'm learning to deal with loving an annoying child.  like hopefully if this little boy comes out ornery and crying all the time i maybe have a shot of actually still liking him and being able to deal with life instead of hating it.  ha.
i got my haircut today.  not pregnancy related... just a current event.
i am sooo tired.  if i think of anything else i'll add it more later.  now it's just time to sleep.

No comments: