Thursday, September 20, 2012

26 weeks

How far along:  26 weeks  (9.20.12)
Total weight gain/loss: +21 lbs... i think.
Maternity clothes:  i need more maternity pants.  because i hate wearing clothes so much that enduring regular jeans is now just completely beyond my earthly abilities.  soo, i'm loving my maternity skinnies and hating everything else.  i wish cloaks were more socially acceptable.  harry potter pulled it off just fine.
Sleep:  it's been great.  i go to sleep at night and am dead to the world until morning.  and i can count on one hand the number of times this week i've been too tired to function.  i've had more energy this week than what i've had in months.  i don't know if i'm just so wired and a bit manic from loving my time in atlanta so much or if it's my actual physical, geographical location, which i'm sure i'll detail below.
Best moment this week:  that would probably be... ummm, every second of it.  my wonderful sister emmy getting married on saturday, my insanely hilarious night with friends on monday night, the non stop organizing with mom, hanging out with family... i really can't narrow that down.
Movement:  it's still really super powerful at times and at other times just really low and tickly and sometimes just shifting positions and sitting all on one side (normally my right) or not moving at all and then suddenly waking up and going crazy.
Food cravings:  i haven't loved food as much this week except milkyway ice cream and the incredible food at emmy's reception saturday night.  mmm, they had some sort of steak or roast (who really cares) and i got a piece that was insanely rare and ohmygoodness how it hit the spot!  and the mashed potatoes and the cheese biscuits and really just everything.  the juices in little champagne flutes were amazing.  peach or something.  and today... those mellowcreme pumpkins were sure satisfying.  still have an aversion to barbecued meat although it's not horrific.  and although this isn't food related.  the smell of crayons this week had been so intensely overwhelming and disgusting to me.  after the third time exclaiming i was about to die, mom confessed that she actually couldn't smell them at all.  oh my heavens it was ten times worse than a bad dirty diaper.  sick.  i never want to smell crayons ever ever again.  ever.
Gender:  BOY!  still weird for me to think about that.  although it's completely out of the question for me to think this is a girl though so i guess the thought of a boy must not be that weird after all.  
What I miss:  nothing at all.  i am so insanely happy.
Milestones:   i just realized tonight that september has flown by and my kid could be here in just three months.  more likely at least 3.5 but still.  it's getting close enough to frighten me.
Theme: the week of not feeling pregnant!  and being euphoric.  and nesting in my parents' house.
Extra:  i think being in georgia has solved my pregnancy symptoms!  i have seriously only felt pregnant a handful of times this week and it has been incredible.  not like my pregnancy has been super hard or anything but it's been a fun break.  i'm not sure if it's from the travel and that i have my mother as a constant friend to play with but this week i haven't had the emotional highs and lows of pregnancy.  also, i haven't been drinking as much milk (pregnancy this time has made me outrageously thirsty all the time), so i haven't needed to go to the bathroom any more than i would when i'm not pregnant.  i haven't been getting lightheaded anytime my head changes elevation and i haven't been getting winded or tired when i stand up, walk up stairs, or really ever.  we walked around the block yesterday and it's hilly and it was a little warm since it was 1 30 or so and i felt completely fine!  at home, walking up the stairs left me huffing and puffing and almost in a fully body sweat.  also, i haven't been ravenously hungry or overeating to the point of nauseousness ten times a day.  i think that is due to the fact that i always have less of an appetite when i travel but i think everything else is due to the lower altitude and the higher humidity.  when i was pregnant with abigail, we were in palo alto which is kinda dry but at sea level.  in parker we're a mile high and humidity is non-existent.  so after seeing the drastic changes in my pregnancy this week, i'm deducing that 1) it's the dryness that has made me so thirsty and consequently need to go to the bathroom every few hours and 2) it's the altitude that has made me so severely lightheaded and winded every time i try to move.  i have been staying up every night til at least 2 am and not napping in the afternoons and somehow i've been so energetic and motivated that i've wanted to organize every inch of my parents' house and have had to discipline myself and limit it to just a few projects.  and i've had the physical energy to do this.  i don't even think twice about going up the stairs or anything.  this is crazy because in colorado i'll pretty much do anything to stay sitting because i know just standing up will make me dizzy and faint and have me sweating head to toe.  i've gone a full EIGHT days without losing my vision (my vision goes black when i get dizzy from standing up) and i can't even remember the last time that's happened!  i will say though that once yesterday and once today i became suddenly dizzy (but my vision stayed) and got the full body sweats and felt like i had just donated blood.  that's the easiest way i can describe it.  yesterday it was when i was raising my hands above my head to hang up a birthday banner for my mom and today it was when i was moving her desk and fixing the mess of cords behind it.  not sure about yesterday but today i can look back and see that maybe that was too physically awkward and exerting.  anyways... all of those detailed and boring notes are just to say that i've found these changes fascinating this week as i've, for the most part, forgotten that i'm pregnant!

taken 9.23.12 at 26 weeks, 3 days

taken 9.23.12 at 26 weeks, 3 days