Sunday, December 30, 2012

I miss church

i hate missing church.

i hate going out of town and missing my ward (although i looove visiting other wards!), but worse than that, i hate having a sunday go by where i can't attend church at all.  after i had baby girl (born on a thursday morning), i skipped church that first sunday, but the second sunday took her with me to attend sacrament meeting in a singles ward across the street from our apartment (our regular ward met in a building ten minutes away and i really didn't want her around other kids or people i knew would be touching her) and then the following sunday i went to our own ward for all three hours and did every sunday after that too.  i'm not one of those people that can stay home from church for six weeks just because i have a newborn... it's just not in me.

so staying home from church today (two sundays in a row) is a little (lot) bit painful.  what i would have given to throw on a skirt and at least go to sacrament meeting today.  and i totally would have if i didn't know how much hate i would get taking my baby to a germ infested church in the middle of a freezing cold colorado winter.

so i dressed up my sweet baby girl and told her to have fun at nursery...



and then i parked myself in bed to hang out with this guy.


so tell me, what's the rule on taking your newborn to church?  i'm clueless on this one.

1 comment:

Bryan and Carolyn Turnage said...

There's not a rule. You do whatever you want. I'm a lot like you. With Benjamin, I missed one week. With Jamie, she was born on Monday and we took her to church that first Sunday to bless her. And we never missed a week. Do what you want. But I do think it's wise to be careful of the weather and church is full of nasty sick kids! But baby girl is going to bring all that back with her from nursery, so good luck either way!