Sunday, December 23, 2012

It's sure crazy over here

I forgot how much newborns sleep! Brady wakes up for like five minutes to chug some milk and then it's back to sleep.

Today I played with my friend rach. We haven't lived in the same place since high school but she happened to be in Denver visiting her sister and stopped by for a bit today. And so we hung out for a much needed four hours or so. I need to be better at keeping in touch with people.

I miss baby girl. I know she's around but I never get to do normal things with her because I'm busy with Brady but mostly because I'm not allowed to lift her yet. So I can't clean her up after meals or put her down/get her up from nap. Honestly, I haven't even changed her diaper one single time since Brady was born. Okay I gotta stop now. This is gonna make me cry.

My honey had church meetings this morning, came home to get Abigail dressed and fed, took her to church, brought her home and got her fed and in bed for a nap, went back to church to help with tithing settlement, and still had the energy after dinner tonight to say "honey, do you want me to watch the kids so you can take a nap right now?" So he somehow managed not to push Abigail off a cliff (she was all sorts of annoyingly testing our patience tonight) and keep Brady asleep even when he would wake up wanting to eat (don't worry I'd fed him riiiight before I took a nap and his stomach was pretty stocked up) and do the dishes and clean the kitchen. Last time with baby he was so sleep deprived and not much help. This time I let him sleep (in the guest room) so he's rested and he lets me nap so I'm rested. We're doing this newborn thing way better the second time around. He's been an all star husband and it's only day five. Or six. Who's counting?!

I can't believe tomorrow is Christmas Eve. I feel like it snuck up on me and there's still so much stuff I had wanted to do! Maybe I'll keep celebrating through the rest of the week. Who's gonna stop me anyways?!

Baby girl loves Brady. It melts my hearts when she comes running to see him or asks if she can touch him before gentlest letting his back or head. And she gives him the sweetest kisses before nap and bed. And how cute is it when she holds up two trains and says, "Brady, this one's Thomas and this one's diesel." That may be my favorite. Although it gets me every time she refers to Brady as "this one" or "this guy." What's this guys name? And then pointing to his head saying this ones name's Brady. Today she said "Brady is crying" but I thought she said "baby" so I said "yeah the baby is crying" and she immediately responded, "Baby's name is Brady." Ohhhh okay. Thanks baby girl. Her excitement for him is positively adorable.

I cooked dinner to tonight! Not because we don't have enough food. Goodness knows our fridge is stocked with the generosity of others. But because I took chicken out of the freezer to thaw before Brady was born and then Christopher ended up not needing dinner that night or so something. And then I had a baby and realized I needed to cook that chicken before it got questionable. I made toasted almond chicken one handed while nursing a baby and I feel pretty accomplished about that!

I am so happy not to be pregnancy depressed anymore. Life is really really good.






ps- excuse the auto correct errors... it's a phone post.

No comments: