Saturday, February 9, 2013

Wrapping dinner and teething

Last night after I got home from girls night I decided this might be the fluffiest snow I've ever seen. So I took a picture of my car. This morning the snow was even more gorgeous than anticipated. Winter wonderland.

Baby girl is getting her remaining three molars right now. All in complete unison. Explains why she's been so sensitive this week and staying awake during naps. And chomping her finger and finding binkies to bite through. Can't wait to get through this. In the mean time, baby girl has figured out that if she strategically places her thumb and index finger in her mouth just right, she has something for both sides of her mouth to bite on.

Also, she has got to be one of the most adoring big sisters ever. I was hoping she wouldn't be passive aggressive or resentful towards Brady. I had no idea though how crazy in love she would be with him! She's insanely helpful to me but that's a topic for another post. This is how she can get enough of giving him kisses and just being physically close to him. I was cooking and she was spending her time munching on clementines and sour cream sauce and just standing close to him. Then she told me Brady was yucky. I was so confused until I took a closer look. He was indeed yucky. With the remnants of her messy kisses on his forehead. I give him lots of kisses. But no one gives him more kisses than baby girl.

I made dinner for my pregnant friend. And in the five minutes before she came by to pick it up (her kids go to school in my neighborhood so it just made sense) I decided to wrap it with old wrapping stuff I had lying around. I put in party plates and wrapped several of those individually wrapped napkin fork knife utensil packets you get from restaurants (so she wouldn't have to do dishes) and wrapped some clementines and an avocado (I made enchiladas that she could just throw in the oven whenever they wanted to eat. And who doesn't love avocado slices wih their Mexican?!) and I'm sure she thinks I'm super weird now but I had too much fun throwing together this random wrapped meal with odds and ends I had at home. Because you better believe I wasn't dragging my two kids to the grocery store in that snow.

And Johnny poppers? I'm in love. These also deserve their own post. But in the meantime, getting these tiny little leather John Deere boots in the mail made my day. Or my week. Or maybe all of 2013. They'll go great with Brady's blanket from my friend sawah. John Deere post to come. I love my life.



















No comments: