Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Not awesome

Make no mistake, yesterday morning was not awesome. But thankfully there were some pretty sweet moments in the day anyways.

frustrating much?  when you walk into a perfectly clean room to get your freshly woken babe and then twenty minutes later after you finish nursing him, the room looks like this.  kills me.


and this.  i'm blessed that my child actually cleans up.  but sometimes i just want that mess not to happen in the first place.  back in the day when we left for outings every morning my house just stayed clean.  and it was magical.  actually living in your house makes it messy dangit.


she woke up at 7:15... on a morning when brady slept in til 8:45.  it made me angry at life.  not as angry as baby girl though.  so many screaming fits that morning.  girl needs her beauty sleep.


then i took this picture just to make sure this kid hadn't fallen asleep on my shoulder.  nope... just in the process of oozing spitup on my sleep.  awesome.


and then we had more of this.  she had another major screaming fit around one and i just didn't know what to do.  she was too out of control to eat and too loud to take upstairs (brady was sleeping), and i didn't think it would be fair to just dump her in her crib so i gave her a binky and just held her while she calmed down and got her breath.  and then she told me she wanted to nap.  a full hour before her nap time and without any lunch.  

she made the right choice though, because a few hours later she woke up and was such a precious little girl.  naps yield amazing transformations.
i may have over stressed the importance of being gentle with brady.  baby girl's kisses are so gentle and quiet that i sometimes wonder if her lips are actually making contact with his head.  or eye brow as was the case the other day when she decided that's where she would like to kiss him goodnight.

and lastly, i love my mother in law.  i haven't even had time to respond to this text but just getting it gave me hope for my life.  and then i thought to myself... errands?  no, please just take my kids so i can clean my house.  seriously, my house makes me feel like i'm sinking in organizational quicksand.  

thankfully the second half of the day was much better than the first.  baby girl got a good solid nap, brady happily hung out on the floor while i cleaned my bathroom, i actually mopped my kitchen floor (i am in love with my shark mop.  in. love.), and i was so appreciative that my christopher wasn't out of town so i could go to young womens without dragging my two kids along.  and making journals with the girls was tons of fun.  i love my laurels.  

1 comment:

ok said...

I'd give anything to live close enough that I could come babysit Brady and Abigail for you. Or come clean your house.