Thursday, February 28, 2013

our day with emmy

just hanging out.  because isn't this how all of us like to lounge?!
trying on all of emmy's rings.
two wedding bands and one giant diamond.  if i ever lose my ring, i'm going to steal em's.
watching it glisten in the sun.
emmy's present for abigail!  (brady got a farm board book)
they (emmy) covered the whole patio and baby girl's favorite part was that it included a huge track for her thomas to ride on.
and an easter basket to put her egg chalks in.
i love that even though my family lives far away, baby girl takes no time at all to warm up to them... she just knows.
and emmy will make fun of me for posting this but i have no other pictures signifying that mom and dad arrived.  they brought out all of my childhood stuff.  notes from girls camp, collector dolls, random crap from my room... the works.
they match!  arriving with my parents (they rented a car this time) was my christopher's mission friend, slavik.   he's one of the nicest and happiest people i've ever met in my life (zero exaggeration) and one of my top three favorite friends of my honey.
slavik's dad is an expert quilter and made an awesome quilt for baby girl that hung on her wall in her nursery in calfornia.  he made a coordinating quilt for brady.  the embroidery and detail is amazing.
precious... i wish i'd taken a picture like this of abigail with hers.
he's learning to look at the camera.  and i'm loving him for it.
let the games begin!

ps- we made rice krispie treats and after some trial and error, discovered that the reason my rice krispie treats from the other day were so terrible is because it was a double batch.  every time i make a double batch they turn out hard as a rock because it takes too long for the marshmallows to melt and the butter turns brown and dries out the treats.  i felt like nancy drew after that mystery was solved.  the case of the dry rice krispie treats.  check it out from your local library.

No comments: