Monday, August 4, 2014

Brady grew up

Maybe later I'll add pictures and more details but right now I want to just get a few things down before they slip through my fingers. 

I know I've said it before but I feel like Brady has stayed a baby. I think that Abigail as a baby just felt older. More coordinated and better at following instructions, but also more advanced in all of the ways that girls seem to be more advanced than boys. But then I wondered how much was me just keeping him a baby and not really letting him do or try things that would make him seem older. Well, I still wonder about these things but I have to say that Brady has rocketed forward in growing up. Like a sling shot. Maybe he seemed a little behind before, but he's shot forward... Real fast. 

Here's what Brady has been doing since we got back from Atlanta (besides holding my hand to go to sleep, taking short naps, and waking up at 6:45)...

Opening and closing doors. 
Using a spoon and fork with excellent skill and accuracy. 
Using an actual cup (not a sippy) with excellent control. 
Pointing to his diaper before he poops. 
Stopping at the curb instead of running into the street. 
Climbing in and out of his highchair and even pulling the tray over and putting on his bib (minus the snapping part). 
Mastering new words every day.... Including bread, eggs, Elle, and Lucy. "Lucy" sounds like "sousee" and it's the most adorable thing ever. 

He's wanting to cuddle less, play with Abigail (and her friends) more, and ignore my requests and instructions almost 100%. So pretty much, he might as well be 16. 





No comments: