Friday, August 15, 2014

I took zero pictures

Mom left this morning. It seems so long ago I was thinking it was yesterday. I took her to the airport at 6:30 while honey stayed home with the kids. Honey left when I got back at 8:15 and they were still sleeping. So glad he was able to reschedule the meeting he originally had planned. It would have been Ricky bringing the kids that early. ; )

Eventually Abigail woke up and we did puzzles while we waited for Brady to wake up. I had some of that coconut chia cereal from Costco... It's delicious. The kids had oatmeal when Brady woke up and we all guy ready for the pool. I took a smoothie and veggies and hummus. The weather was great. We hung out with Elle and Jodi and then janel and Sarah showed up with their kids and really it was just awesome because the big kids are all in school so it was sparse and we knew almost everyone there. 

Abigail went to Elle's for an hour afterward and I fell asleep while putting Brady down for nap. Whoops. I didn't even feel it coming. And so I was asleep when Jodi came to drop off Abigail. I suck. 

So then I got ready to mow the lawn and Brady woke up literally one minute before I could start the mower. Deep breaths. Luckily though, he and abigail sat happily in their strollers and watched me mow. And then I trimmed bushes until it started storming. I love being outside right before a rain storm. Brady was hesitant about the thunder but relaxed some when he saw that Abigail and I weren't spooked. When it started raining, Abigail ran around to the garage and Brady followed, but when I went in the sliding kitchen door, only Abigail was there. So I ran out through the garage and it was raining pretty hard and the wind was blowing it sideways and I couldn't see Brady. Well, he'd run back around to the back of the house and was just confused and looking for me. It was the saddest and cutest thing ever. And amazing that he wasn't screaming since it really doesn't take much to make him cry. 

Then the three of us showered while Chris finished up work stuff and we all returned stuff to the library, got some half off frozen yogurt at swirls, and then went to kohls to use our $10 off coupon. There were a million things I almost got but ended up going with a swim coverup. There weren't any amazing deals, just a whole lot if moderate ones. Oh well, swim dress for $1 is fine. 

Came home, ate some leftovers, and put the kids to bed. Can Brady just fall asleep already?  This whole post has been written while I lay on his bedroom floor. And now he's singing "let it go" again. Awesome. 

No comments: