Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Lucy all day

Abigail's first words to me this morning were "can I go play with Lucy?" as she walked into my bedroom. I didn't even have time to open my mouth because she kept going. "I'll got potty and wash my hands and get dressed and eat breakfast. I can eat a banana. If I do all of that, can I go play with Lucy?  I see her playing on the driveway in her jeep. Can I?"  

Well, I said yes... She ran to the kitchen and ate a banana (actually only half like he told me later and I found the rest in the trash. We never throw away good like that so I can only conclude that she must have been cleaning up her spot at the table) and ran upstairs. And then the doorbell rang and i got out of bed to pull on sweats and open the door to behold... Lucy!  Wanting to know if Abigail could play. And then I heard Abigail answer from the screen window of her bedroom (it's the bay window on the second floor) that she was finishing getting dressed. I helped her spritz her hair (she still gets the craziest bedhead in back) and she was off. Now I know why Disney tv shows never have involved parents. Quite frankly, these kids don't really need us at all. 

For breakfast, Brady insisted on this pack if cheese he found in the bottom drawer if the fridge. We have several so I just let him have this one to himself. And he had eggs too. Of course. 


After lunch (which they ate at Lucy's) I watched all of the kids while Lucy's mom got ready for work. And Abigail is wearing Lucy's swimsuit... Because these girls love wearing each others clothes. Especially they love when Abigail wears Lucy's clothes from her never ending, super cute wardrobe. 


Abigail surfing and admiring her swimsuit. Brady drinking the pool water. 

Brady upset because I asked him to stop drinking pool water. 

Brady, continuing to defy anything that comes out of my mouth. 

We had snack time (at our house) of grilled cheese sandwiches and snap peas.  And we spent some time hanging out in the garage watching the rain and hail and eating otter pops. 

While honey caught gutter water and tossed it in our grass. We are resourceful and thrifty. 

But then Abigail (wearing Lucy's new dress), slipped on the rain puddles of the slick floor and slid a few feet across the garage on her back. I was not thrilled (since two minutes before, I'd told her she had to change clothes as soon as she got inside. Feels naptha to the rescue and laundry day happened a day earlier than I'd planned. All while the girls watched strawberry shortcake and decided they needed to put on Abigail's coordinating Sofia jammies. I think Abigail's had been worn once before and were a little stretched because the shorts look huge on her... and like biker shorts on Lucy. ; )

I love their expressions in this progression of photoss.



And they played non stop all day til it was time for dinner and bedtime. Summer somewhat lives on! 

I had a spider incident last night and was super jumpy and on edge today. So honey came home from work early today around 2:30. He said he just needed to be home to help me with whatever I needed. It's not the norm, but today he had amazing compassion for my spider phobia. 

We did laundry together, spent time watching all the kids, hung out... And honey searched out the basement for more spiders and sprayed down there for me. 

Anyways, it was just a wander around and do stuff sort of day... That ended infinitely better than it began. 

No comments: