Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Summertime

A picture of my dining room wall/ceiling. 

I started eating scrambled cheese eggs on toasted French bread when I was in my first trimester with Brady... Over two years ago. I still eat this pretty much every day. Except now I have to make six eggs to have enough for Abigail and Brady too... And throw in a bowl of oatmeal just to be safe. 

Both kids skin their knees all day long. Brady fell and skinned the same knee three times at the pool today within a 20 minute time frame. And Abigail's knees are just going I be scarred because she keeps skinning her knees before they can fully heal. And the tops of her feet. Brady somehow got his knee and shin on this leg. That's summertime for you. 

As is hanging out on the driveway with some carrots and hummus. 

And playing with our favorite neighbors. 

I put Brady in the wagon with Abigail and Lucy literally just took off sprinting. Where do kids get all of this energy?!

I'm not sure if it's connected, but Abigail has been playing with friends a TON since we got back from Atlanta. Not play dates but just neighborhood friends and whoever we find at the pool. And her nail biting (and her everything else biting) has dramatically decreased.  I cut her nails today for the first time in months. Woohoo!!!  Although this could also be a timing coincidence or that I told her princesses don't bite their nails. Whatever it is... Hopefully things continue! 

Brady loves playing with "sousie" and all her toys. They have every toy on the planet. 

And for some reason, the kids love to stand on the sofa like this and look out the window. Bonus points that Brady was still nakey from bath time. They are such good friends, I seem to find everything they do together just amazingly adorable. 

Plus that bum/belly combo. 

So despite honey not getting home until after 9:30 tonight... It was a good day. 

The best news as of late is that Brady hasn't  been waking up at 6:45 anymore.  Last Wednesday and Thursday, he slept in til 7:20. And on Friday until 7:55. And Saturday I had to finally wake him up at 12:30!  Although I did go in his room at 11 to make sure he was still breathing. Sunday I had to wake him at 8:30 for church. And this morning he slept til after 10:30. Now if I could just get him to fall asleep without holding my hand and get his naps back to how they were... Baby steps. 

Best news of all: mom is coming to visit!!!!  I'm literally counting down the hours. Of course.  

No comments: