Thursday, September 25, 2014

I FaceTimed!

This deserves it's own terrible, long, sad, saga blog post... which I've already semi started... but I don't have time for that at the moment. The story story is that sometime in march or April of this year, my phone's iOS was too dated to FaceTime. But I couldn't get the new iOS because I didn't have enough space on my phone. No big deal, right?!  I mean, I barely even FaceTime. Expect that it's been hard for me to lot FaceTime my grandmother on her iPad. Phone calls are nice, but I know she likes to actually SEE my kids since she can't really talk to them on a phone call. And it makes us feel like we're actually hanging out. 

Well, a few days ago, I just reached that point. Where I was so insanely fed up with my phone. Too full to take pictures or install apps/updates or FaceTime, or anything else. It's like the iPhone I fell in love with almost two years ago turned into a glorified flip phone and it was the bane of my existence. Last night, I spent probably at least six hours working on my phone. 

And today I FaceTimed my precious grandmother!!!!!


It was amazing. I won't lie, I even played the piano for her a bit... Because I've been practicing lately and Brady is the only one that's ever around to hear my progress. Also, I looked like such a bum today and felt so gross and ugly.  But when our screens connected, one of the first things grandmother said to me was that I looked so beautiful. Didn't even care that I had no makeup and my hair was in a ponytail and I was sweaty from sitting in the sun while watching the kids play outside.  

So, she's right... It was a glorious, beautiful thing. Staying up til 3:30 last night and getting less than four hours of sleep was soooo worth it. Now I'm just kicking myself for not figuring this out months ago! 

My grandmother... She's the best. 

No comments: