Monday, September 29, 2014

Our weekend

Let's just catch up for a minute, okay?  We'll just hit a few highlights. 

Thursday, I used my chick fil a calendar card and enjoyed an amazing chicken biscuit for breakfast after I dropped Abigail off at preschool. The card also included a large coke, but I managed a milkshake instead. At the drivethru, I told them I don't drink soda and asked if I could have a milkshake instead. And the lady got it approved and then asked which size I wanted. Well, a large of course! I would have been happy to pay the difference (probably $1.50 or something) and even told that to the guy at the window, but said he'd do it for me this time. Sweet. I love chick fil a.  

Friday night we went to shrek with the Hilliers. We left Brady with a babysitter and then met up with everyone at August moon for dinner. So delicious. I crave that walnut shrimp like crazy. And then I went home to get Brady (because after an hour and a half, he was still crying... That needs a post of its own though) and he came with us to watch the show. It was lots of fun. The hardest part was that I've gotten really used to the cd from the broadway musical so I hated when it wasn't exactly like the cd (like a live concert vs the radio version)... Ad the fact that these people weren't broadway quality. ; )  The best part was that Abigail and Brady were singing along. And I liked seeing scenes that didn't have songs with them because it was new to me. Brady didn't nap that day but was wide awake on the way home. Abigail passed out immediately but was awake enough at home for us to still do our nightly routine. Be some wasn't until close to 11. 

Saturday was day out with Thomas!  I surprised Abigail like I did last year and only told her after she woke up. She's not as into Thomas as she was when she was two or three but still likes it. On the way I was asking her questions and she was all "I'm not very excited... Only a little excited."  It tugged at my heart. I thought, ehhh, it's still fun, even if we only stay for a few hours. But we stayed as long as we possibly could and we were both so sad to leave. As we got back to the car Abigail kept saying that it was so so fun and was taking back her statements about thinking it would only be a little bit fun. Last year, I thought parts of it were a little lame. I thought, since it wasn't new to either of us and Abigail was older that it would be even less fun (I swear I'm not normally such a downer... I was just thinking logically) but it was the opposite.  Abiagail had different interests than last year so she was less into the music and magic shoes but more into the train table tent and model train town in the basement. An we were both into the food. ; ) Last year we packed a lunch but this year, I didn't feel like it and we had a brat for lunch and funnel cake for dessert and then dole whip later just because we could. It's fun to eat like that... Like how my dad and I like to try new foods (especially sweets) when we travel. It's the experience. Maybe this needs a post of it's own too. We got there at 10 and left at 4:30. Abigail fell asleep within 30 seconds of leaving the parking lot and slept the whole way home... Which was almost an hour since it was in golden and we hit traffic on the way home. I changed clothes and went straight to the RS broadcast (just like I did last year) and it was great. It was a long but wonderful day. Brady greeting me when I got home from Thomas was AMAZING though. I'm glad he gives Christopher that royal treatment every day after work. 

Sunday was good. We were only two minutes late for church. I set my alarm for 7:05 or something but then didn't get myself into the shower til 8:10. Why do I procrastinate so bad?! My bed is so appealing to me. I brought Brady to RS with me (because I've been doing that lately and I love hearing the lessons) and our teaching rough chocolate. I have Brady some but then stopped unwrapping them for him. Sadly, he realized that he could just bite straight through the paper wrapper to get to the chocolate. That kid's sweet tooth! And his temper! His temper is most fierce when it comes to food. And I really do mean fierce. Also, another little girl his age... I mean size... was hanging around him the whole time and I kept thinking to malefactors how amazing it was that he wasn't crying when she touched him or made eye contact with him. It was even looking for a minute like they were friends. And then, he took a step away from her and yelled, "GO WAY!" ... And wouldn't stop. On repeat for who knows how long. I was hoping no one would be able to understand him but the mom asked me about it afterwards. Whoops. Sorry, my kid just hates kids. Doing sooo much better lately, but still not a fan of his peers. 

After church we all ate cereal and hung out. Honey took Brady home teaching and I took Abigail with me to choir practice. Then the kids played really loudly while honey attempted to nap and we all went to Andrew's mission farewell. He's going to be the most amazing missionary. 

Monday... Today I've just been a bum. The cloudy, overcast weather just makes me want to put on comfy clothes and cozy up on my sofa. So that's basically all I did today. Well, first thing this morning, I had another VT meeting (that's my third since I got called a few weeks ago) that was really productive. But aside from that, I ignored my kids and let them make a mess. When I give them attention during playtime, things go south. I can ask if they want to play a game and then Abigail will end up crying because actually she wants to watch a show and eats treats an play with Lucy and go to the pool and why won't I let her do any of those things?!?!  But when I ignore them, they find toys and use their imagination and play soooo well together and never ask me for snacks or treats. So while I typically feel guilty doing it, I have to remind myself that they do benefit from me trying to micromanage and helicopter parent the crap out of their childhood. 

Tonight, we went to the library and then out the kids to bed. It's just been a rainy fall day today. Does that make anyone else feel lazy and dreamy? Or is that just me? Just let me cozy up and keep listening to the rain, okay? 

Life is just perfect. 

No comments: