Tuesday, September 16, 2014

new laptop

i got a new laptop.  i'm trying not to hate it.  i realize that sounds like a completely spoiled thing to say but does anyone else have a hard time with new technology?!  i would just rather that my old laptop work than need to get a new one and start fresh again.  i don't like that my pictures aren't on my computer and my bookmarks are gone and i have to enter in all my passwords every time i go to a new site... and i have to find all the sites myself since my browser history doesn't pop it all up for me.  and i have to get used to a new keyboard and mouse pad and windows 8.... i'm really hating windows 8.  that said though, here's what i love about my new laptop: it works.  and it was cheap.  i'm really into cheap things these days but that's a post for another day.  ohhhh here's maybe my favorite favorite thing though... my laptop is silent!  my other laptop had to have a super loud fan going 24/7 and would still get soooo hot that it could burn my hand.  with this laptop, i have yet to have the fan kick on and it's great.  i do need someone tech savvy in my life though to help me get rid of all the initial crap they put on (games and free trials and a million random apps) but really, i'm surviving okay.  setting it up was stressful and i went to bed with a terrible feeling in my stomach (which i eventually identified as mourning the loss of my old laptop) but i'm hoping time will solve my troubles.  before i know it, i'll be loving this computer and not even missing my old one... right?!  hopefully.

No comments: