Saturday, May 23, 2015

Afternoon in tears

Friday morning was great. I slept in til 10 and I didn't hear from the kids until Brady called out his "mommy... Where are you?" at 11:20 and I went up to get the kids at 11:30. I'm spoiled by my kids' sleeping habits. 

But, sadly, I was almost in tears within 15 minutes and 11:45 had me anxious for bedtime. Within another two hours, I was solidly in the "I just can't mom today" camp and texted this picture to honey with some caption about how I didn't have the energy for life or something. As a side note... Why do kids feel like they need to run everywhere?  Abigail had tripped while running for the second time in two hours and was hurt and crying and this time also whining about could I please get her more watermelon. I was most sad about the bowl. We haven't broken one in a long time but they're part of the set I got from granny and papa at one of our wedding showers and now we're down to four bowls I think. Oh well, that's life, right? It was well loved while it lasted. 

Here's Brady looking crazy cute practicing riding a two wheel scooter. Three minutes later he was driving me crazy with all the crying and whining about kit making it to the mailbox in time and wanting the handlebars lower. My emotions are anything bust steady. 

But seriously. So cute. I'm thankful for pictures to freeze the good moments in time. 


Then I put the kid down for nap and spent the next few hours crying in bed... luckily with the loving company of my caring husband. He may have laughed at me at first for crying about seemingly nothing but turned more compassionate when he realized it wasn't going to disappear. I guess I can pay myself on the back for keeping my tears and complaints mostly hidden from him. ; ) 

Just not when he comes home early to help me. 


I do a lot of complaining, but I'm blessed to have that guy. 

No comments: