Sunday, May 17, 2015

Report card: "great"

I used to think I was a good mom. Actually, I still think that I used to be a good mom. But I don't feel that I'm currently a good mom. So I've been trying to check in with Abigail some nights to see how I'm doing.

Tonight was my best grade yet. I asked her if I was an okay mom today and she said I was fine. Wanting to know what I did right and wrong, I asked her what I was great at today... "Everything". Ha, really?  What was I not great at today? "Nothing!" Seriously?!  I asked her and she confirmed. It was a happy moment for both of us. 

Maybe there is hope for me after all. 

Ps- elder holland spoke at our special stake conference today. The whole conference was amazing and had me in tears. He blessed the entire congregation. The meeting focused a lot on adversity and trials and that everything will be made perfect in the end. We had lunch with him at the Hilliers after. It was a good day. But the very very very best part was that Abigail said I did great. ; ) I'm so happy. 


No comments: