Wednesday, May 6, 2015

it's been 8 years

monday, we celebrated our 8th anniversary.  i can't believe it's already been 8 years!  that seems like so long and i feel like we just got married last spring.  honey even wrote in his card to me "I can't believe it's been 8 years already! (that is the right number, right?)" which i had to laugh at because a few years ago, he was off on his math on our anniversary card and thought we'd been married one less year than we had.  

it's true, our marriage just feels so fresh.

i gave honey a card (one that i'd saved and reused from our own wedding!) and a pack of chocolate twizzlers wrapped in heart ribbon.

honey gave me a card and a dozen roses.  it was perfection.
my favorite part of the day was that my honey was back from his trip... i was sooo excited just to see him and have him around.  we dropped the kids off with my mil and went to carrabbas.  it was so wonderful.  we sat in a quiet little booth and honey told me all about his trip (he took a weekend cruise with a bunch of guys) and it was amazing.  my honey isn't a super talkative guy, but he had plenty to tell me about this time and i was more than happy to listen.  when he says anything, i drop what i'm doing to listen... i love listening to him.  it was such a fun night.  i still feel like we're a young married couple so it's crazy to me that we're about to have our third kid.  that's nuts!

i love our comfortable our marriage is and how i feel like we're just on the same page.  i'm grateful that we get to go on trips together and that we're okay if one of us travels without the other.  i'm happy to stay home with the kids for several days while he goes off to do something fun and i know he's more than willing (and has in the past) to do the same for me.  i'm glad that when i have friends invite me to go to the temple with them with only a few hours notice, that i know i can text my honey and he'll make it happen and get home at whatever time he needs to so i can go with them.  and i love that even when i leave tons of toys and dishes all over that i'll come home to a clean house and an empty sink.  my honey is so good to me.  he was way out of my league when i met him, and he still is all these years later.  i'm so thankful i got someone so great.

No comments: