Saturday, May 23, 2015

Friday night Rockies game and fireworks

Friday night we headed to the Rockies game. It was forecasted as 100% chance of rain, but honey was so excited to go because it was a fireworks game. That's really the only thing that gets him excited about going to a baseball game. Oh, and sunflower seeds. Have I ever mentioned on here when we were first dating at byu and my mother in law called Christopher and asked what he was up to. "I'm at a byu baseball game with Carrie."  She was so shocked that he would go to a baseball game that she said that was the moment she first knew that he must really really like me. ; ) 

Within two minutes of us sitting down, it started sprinkling. Knowing what was to come, we moved up a number of rows til we were just barely under the awning and we stayed there the rest of the night. It was perfect. 


We were a little more bundled up than what you would anticipate was necessary for a baseball game in late May, but happily, no one was at all cold and we had a great time. Even though the Rockies got whooped by the Giants. 

Family picture! 

I love when Abigail gazes at Brady. They seriously love each other so so much it astounds me. 



With only three outs to go, they called a rain delay. So we waited forever and ever and ever it seemed until they finally said that they'd go ahead and do the fireworks during the rain delay instead of after the game as previously planned. Sweet!  Luckily I'd had Brady take a late nap from 3:15-6:30 and the kids were both doing just fine. 


I honestly didn't think the game or fireworks would happen but I let honey make the call since the whole outing was his thing. I'm glad I did because it ended up being a really good fireworks show. Choreographed to patriotic music and probably around 15 minutes long. It was really good. 


Brady didn't enjoy the fireworks though. Eventually he asked for me to hold him and had his head buried into my neck while I held my hands over his ears. It was so precious that I feel guilty for enjoying it so much. And now he loves telling us how much he doesn't like fireworks. ; ) He also never stopped telling us how much he doesn't like rocky (the nuggets mascot that he's obsessed with at a distance) and that he got a haircut (several weeks ago). I'm doing a horrible job at recording it, but he's the funniest kid ever. Like I bust out laughing several times a day from things he says and does. 



It was a fun night. We didn't get home til around 11:30, so it was super late for us but so worth it. Especially since the previous part of my day was so horrible (crying off and on for 6 hours and laying in bed because I couldn't handle anything else). I love being pregnant but I hate the way it affects my thoughts and emotions. I literally crawled in bed crying and thought to myself "yeah, I could be done being pregnant" because honestly, I don't know how much more of the depression I can handle. 

Also, it's been raining for the past three weeks I think. I'm only unsure of the length of time because it's felt like forever and I've lost track of time. But this is by far the most consecutive cloudy weather I have ever ever ever seen in Colorado. Hence this stuff all over my facebook feed... 



It's true. 

So. Much. Rain. 

No comments: