Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Medium rare steak

Of course since the snow in our yard was 99.9999% melted... We got a fresh blanket of snow last night. Which is 100% melted in our backyard and 100% coating our front yard. Ha. Fresh fun for Abigail to play with which will be perfect because the weather is supposed to be pretty nice the next few days. It's more fun to play in the snow in 60* weather than 30* weather.

Anyways, there's nothing like snow that makes me really want to just stay home for a lazy day so that's what we did. After breakfast, the kids watched rio while I cleaned out my book cabinet. Y'know... Because I'm taking one small step towards minimalism. My current strategy is to put everything I don't want in a certain part of my basement so it will be easier for me to group and deal with stuff (sort, give, donate). But these books will be going to Steph. Glad for them to have found another loving home since they were all well loved by me. 


Brady was reluctant to go down for nap and ended up taking a short nap. He was awake a little after three and I wasn't thrilled about it. Luckily, honey had told me he'd try to come home early so he left the office around 3:30 when I told him Brady was up. 

I also told him I was hungry and although I'd planned on making dinner, I didn't feel like it and we should go to Texas Roadhouse instead. He was all for it and we got there at four when they opened. ; )  we sat in the very farthest booth back by the bathrooms and it was awesome. So private and quiet and secluded and it felt like we were at a completely different restaurant. It was a fun change. Also, mark this that as long as we sit in a booth, we don't need a booster for Brady. We've been doing that at other restaurants for a long time but for some reason always get him a booster at Texas Roadhouse. No booster works much better. My salad was great, rolls were wonderful, and I ordered my steak medium rare. I need a happy medium between medium rare and medium...
Is that so much to ask?! I ate the last of my steak with A1 sauce and was loving it. Now I'm craving rare meat with steak sauce. Oh pregnancy. 

We were home by 5, I went to the church at 5:30 to work on visiting teaching, and I made it home before 7. Our RS president came over during nap time to approve the changes I was proposing so I was glad to get to the church the same day so put it in MLS.  Let's all cross our fingers we won't have to keep making so many changes in upcoming months! It seems like we just have a lot of new move ins and whatever that make that inevitable. Either way, I'm absolutely loving my calling. It's pretty awesome even if it is frequently really time consuming. 





We put kids to bed and then I showered while honey ran on his new treadmill and then we both watched the celebrity apprentice from Monday night. 

It was 10:45 when I finally realized that I was still wide awake because I forgot to take my pills so I got on that and now I think I'm finally tired enough to fall asleep! Woohoo! 

Life is good. I'm excited for another normal day tomorrow. 

No comments: