Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Tuesday on time

Today I was punctual!  Who knew that was even possible?! 

I woke up before 8 and had plenty of time to eat my cereal, play on my phone, and get dressed before I got Brady up and put both kids in the car. They ate bananas on the way to preschool. Emmy, Brady finished Abigail's because halfway through she was all "I don't like bananas" and Brady was still hungry. But I was prepared to finish it myself. ; )

We were at least seven minutes early for preschool and it gave me time to hang out in the car while I talked with Abigail and put on makeup. 

Brady and I headed straight to the post office because I got my courage and determination to mail something. And then I got overwhelmed with packing options and I saw the long line and I turned around and walked out. Is this an illness? Can it be diagnosed and treated? Surely I am one of millions with a complete revolaion for the post office. 

Anyways, we went to Walmart with the intention of being super quick and heading to playgroup at the church. But I was in a wish washy mood (I think the post office experience, though brief, zapped my ambition and confidence) and I had a list full of stuff that I didn't normally buy or hadn't ever bought so I shouldn't have been surprised that it took forever. Once I realized that we were too slow to be able to make it for playgroup, we just took our time at Walmart and then went straight to pick up Abigail... So we were at least five minutes early again. Woohoo! I'm almost like a totally with it sort of mom! 

We made and ate eggs for lunch (they were so perfect and way more delicious than what they have been in a long time and I'm thinking it was the extra cheese and fresh loaf of bread. Brady went down for nap around 1:15 and Abigail and I read a book and then went outside. I mailed a Valentine's card to granny and papa. Maybe that will be on time too??? 

The clouds started looming in the sky so we went inside and Abigail went to her room for quiet time while I snuggled in bed to do visiting teaching stuff and we all emerged around 4:30. I came downstairs and started cleaning up the kitchen, finishing putting groceries away and texting honey about his eta while getting the kids a snack. 

Honey said he'd be home around 5:30! Whew! Good thing I had dinner in the crock pot because I wasn't thinking he'd be home until closer to six thirty or so. I started on the rice and the zucchini and set the table and finished cleaning up and guess what! When honey got home, I was all ready with dinner! It's my day to be punctual! 

I tried a new recipe (three ingredients in the crock pot: stew meat, teriyaki sauce, and pineapple tidbits) and services it over rice with just regular zucchini on the side and honey said it was a winner (it's hard to get a big reaction out of him as far as food goes) so that made my day. Especially because it's super easy (like takes literally two minutes) and satisfied the kids too. It was too salty for my taste, but I think maybe that's just because I'm pregnant and my tastebuds are all over the place these days. 

Honey and the kids played in the great room while I put away food and dish dishes and then I got ready and went to church early. We had our RS activity at 7 and I grabbed honeys keys and went fifteen minutes before to just make some visiting teaching changes in MLS.  So I was happy to have gotten that done and I was right on time for the activity on family history. I loved sitting next to my friend kristy and had fun talking to her about the bachelor. She hasn't really been watching this season but I told her she looked just like one of the girls on the show and she said I was literally the fourth or fifth person to tell her that in the last two days. Ha. Well, it's true. And fyi, she looks like Becca, who got the one on one date last night. 

Anyways, it's been a good day. And apparently we're supposed to get snow tonight... I'm so glad all my errands for the week are done and the kids and I can just hang out tomorrow. 

Holy cow I am so so sleepy right now. 

















No comments: