Wednesday, July 19, 2017

a slow day

day two of having four kids


Brady wakes up in the morning and comes straight to me.  most of the time at least. this time, he just crawled right in my bed, snuggled up next to me, rested his head on my arm, and gave Andrew continuous kisses.  such a sweet boy.  

it does have it's downsides though.  like when I just want to nurse Andrew with a little peace and quiet and instead have Brady and Elizabeth either playing and climbing around my bedroom or have them just staring at me and asking me a million questions.  so lately I've started just quietly walking from my room and hiding upstairs in Elizabeth's room to finish nursing Andrew.  this works great for about five minutes until they realize I've left and they form a search party, calling out "mom!" as they wander around the house.  and then they just set up shop and continue to exist in my presence again.


they found a lady bug as we left out neighbor's house.

so sad that our neighbors are moving.  I'm going to miss this sight of all the kids hanging out on their driveway.  this time, in the rain.

this guy.  I think he's still a little shell shocked at what he got himself into by being born into this family of ours.

I'm sure he'll grow up to be just as crazy as the other monsters.

when I make dinner, I typically line the kids' plates up on the counter and dish everything assembly line style.  when I had my back turned, Elizabeth apparently tried to grab a plate to take to the table.  she wasn't so successful.  that phrase "even the best laid plans..." keeps coming to mind these days...

maybe I'll be able to handle a few weeks of four kids after all.

No comments: