Monday, July 24, 2017

Monday pool and friends

Monday was a good day.  I was a good mom all the way until 5:15 and even took the kids to the pool in the morning and hosted their friends all afternoon.

Brady came into my room during the night because he couldn't sleep.  I was awake when he woke up and could tell instantly that he was not miraculously healed from whatever was ailing him.

and down again.

got some Tylenol in the kid and he was feeling better.  we all got dressed for the pool.  although Elizabeth managed to get dressed and undressed and redressed for the pool no less than 15 times before we actually left.  when I got that cute swim dress for her last year, I wasn't anticipating having a two year old stripper that would also be a little zipper happy.  still, somehow we make it work.

Andrew was the easiest baby to the pool experience yet thanks to the stroller I got several months ago.  instead of unswaddling him and waking him up to get in his carseat to click into the stroller, I could keep him swaddled (and asleep) and just place him in the stroller seat fully reclined.  money well spent already.  he seamlessly transitioned from his bed to the stroller and back to his bed after we got home.  eventually he woke up to eat.  thank goodness for this easy going baby.

lisa is traveling and I'm just trying to live vicariously through her.  I can't get enough of the pictures she sends me.

ugh.  seriously, I'm dying.

we brought up a dressup bin from the basement and I couldn't get enough of Elizabeth's outfit.

she's at the cutest age.

and I can't take a selfie with her without cracking up. she just likes to get up close and personal with my phone.



I can't believe Abigail and Lucy still managed to fit themselves into these dresses!

after a while, I noticed that Brady wasn't playing with them anymore but he hadn't come to hang out with me (he doesn't typically play on his own for very long without coming to see me).  this was why.  he'd put on his pjs and just decided to lay down for a little nappy nap. I woke him up and he wasn't thrilled.


have I mentioned before how he doesn't do well with pain or discomfort?  when I take his temperature, I take a picture of his thermometer because it's easy to reference on my phone that he had a fever of 101.5 at 3:45 or whatever.  I took this picture and then laughed out loud when I saw what he looked like in the background.  totally candid and totally typical.

and then sometime after 5, I got out of the shower and nursed Andrew and realized that Abigail wasn't cleaning up what she said she would and honestly, everything just kind of went downhill from there.  but we all had a great day until that point in time!

No comments: