Friday, July 28, 2017

friday

so in love with this kid.

my house's current paint job.  the HOA sent us a letter in June that we needed to repaint.  hopefully they don't fine us even though I'm sure there's no way we'll meet their deadline.  I mean, I couldn't even think about it when I was pregnant and now my baby is six weeks old and I'm just getting around to considering paint colors.

megan at sherwin Williams was immensely helpful in figuring out paint colors.

I ended up being there forever and the kids occupied themselves with lots of games.  like hide and seek.  elizabeth loved it.

can you find Abigail in this picture?

color matching fail... the two girls doing the sample paints for me tried so many times that I lost count on how many attempts they made.  eventually they declared it "an impossible color" and refunded me the price of one of the sample paints.  we met honey at Texas Roadhouse (the kids wanted to go and I said yes) and it was such a pain.  our kids were so wild after being cooped up in sherwin Williams forever and honey and I were just so over it because of my experience in sherwin Williams with four kids and his experience waiting forever at roadhouse for us (I kept telling him 10 more minutes while the girls kept trying to match the paint color) and honestly, it was like hour 8 of a 16 hour road trip.  honey and I held it together but we were almost laughing at how stupidly unenjoyable dinner was.

I left at 6:45 to race back to sherwin Williams.  why? well I'll tell you.  because at dinner, I was explaining the whole color matching fiasco to honey and told him I'd have to get that color at Home Depot because it was Behr and sherwin Williams, for whatever reason, couldn't get a close match.  but then honey said "well, the painters we're using are going to be using sherwin Williams paint so that's going to be a problem if you can't get a match for the Behr color." well that would have been nice to know two hours ago!  so yes, Andrew and I raced into sherwin Williams minutes before closing and megan was gone (ugh!) but the other girl was still there and she helped me pick out anonymous and had it mixed up.  when I got home, I googled anonymous and urbane bronze (since that was one of my color combo options and turns out, that's what young house love used for their current house.  I felt pretty validated.

and everyone was soooo anxious to get to bed and end the day.  ; )

No comments: