Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Peter Pan friend date

First, hallelujah that my honey did some google video research and completed a few repairs around the house like our broken stair banister (for 2.5 years I've been worried a kid would fall to their death... But not anymore!), our clogged ice maker, and my personal favorite, our kitchen faucet handle that kept coming off. It feels like Christmas I tell ya! 

Saturday morning my mil called to say that she had an extra ticket to Peter Pan and asked if Abigail would like to invite her BFF, Elle. Looking back, I should have let Abigail call and in it's but I guess I wanted to make sure it was okay with Elle's mom first. All day Saturday, both girls were super excited and Elle kept telling her family she was going on a date.

We left Brady home with a babysitter, picked up Elle, and headed to Texas Roadhouse for dinner with Chris's family. Let me just say, for the last ten years or so I've had it in my head that outback has the best steaks around (not including places like Ruth's Chris that I've never been to and can't rate) but I've eaten there several times this month (I know we've been eating out a disgusting amount) and compared to Texas roadhouse, I think it doesn't even compare. They are both good but now that I'm eating at both restaurants so frequently, it's just really obvious how much I prefer Texas Roadhouse. The steaks, the bread (and honey butter!) and sides. Good thing since we will be out of our outback cards soon and on to using up the roadhouse cards. And that concludes the random rant of outback vs. Texas Roadhouse. Texas Roadhouse wins. 

We all had a blast and the girls were great except that they spent a whole lot of time playing under the table. Abigail ate her whole hotdog. I'm pretty sure hotdogs are her favorite food. Especially because they are so rarely served to her. ; )



The play was good, not spectacular, but it was fun and the girls enjoyed it. Peter Pan was a woman. She could totally pass as a guy until she sang. Which made things even weirder because I kept going back and forth on that in my head always being convinced that she's a guy, girl, guy, girl, and on and on.  



And at the end of the night they were completely exhausted. Abigail fell asleep in the car and was so glad when I tucked her into bed. 

And on a 100% random note, when I was dropping Elle off, Jodi told me she saw a post I was tagged in for grandma's birthday and she knows my cousin, star. They were friends in college and used to go up to my family's cabin in Utah!  So crazy!  I'm still trying to wrap my head around it. Mormon world is so small. 

No comments: