Friday, January 31, 2014

The movie party

Since I knew Chris would be out of town thurs, fri, and Saturday night, and things tend to get boring without him, I thought it would be fun for Abigail to invite Elle over for a movie night. 

So all week they've been so excited and talking non stop about the "movie party on Friday night with popcorn and candy and treats!"  Abigail has been telling anyone with two ears. It's kind of funny for her to randomly walk up to an older man and say "Elle is coming over to my house Friday night. We're going to have a movie party and watch lots of shows!  And we're going to eat popcorn and candy and treats too!"  I love it. 

Anyways, it was a hit. Elle came over for a few hours and while they looked like this for about 30 minutes...


The rest of the time was mostly playing house with blankets and jumping on couch cushions. And pretending there were snakes on the sidewalk?!  

And twice I walked in to find Brady with a full mouth and two fists full of mini Oreos. Abigail was confused why didn't want her to share with him. "But it's okay because they're really tiny!"  Ha yes. And they're also scattered across my floor and have a wonderfully high sugar content. Maybe that's why Brady was up so late? 


And for the first time that I can recall, she totally pulled an Abigail and didn't want to go home. Her mom called and talked to her on the phone and Elle kept saying she didn't want to go home. And when Jodi came at 8:30 or so, Elle just ran upstairs to the playroom with Abigail to keep playing. So Jodi and I just hung out and talked and she didn't get Elle out until 9:45 I think. Not until after Elle taught Abigail how to adorn herself with underwear. 



And I out Brady to bed at 7:20 but for whatever reason (I have a few guesses) he woke up at 8, refreshed from his power nap. I didn't get him to end until 11. It was... Challenging. 


Luckily he's super cute. Especially when he asks Jodi to put Abigail's bunny slippers on his feet. 

It was a great night. 

No comments: