Sunday, January 26, 2014

Sunday

Amazingly, we were on time for church. Only because they started late but oh well, I'll take it. I somehow woke up both kids at 8:45 and managed to scoot myself in the pew next to Chris by 9:02. Divine intervention?

Abigail and Elle aren't in the same sunbeam class (there are two) so they tackle each other with hugs whenever they catch a glimpse of the other.

I always ask them to stand still and
hold hands. I'm not sure why, but that somehow translates to "hold hands and jump."  Maybe I should have posted one of the out takes instead.

Abigail did John 3:16 and it was even less than what you would expect from a soft spoken three year old. They don't have a podium or microphone yet... because it's being ordered, so she was barely audible. But the worst part was that she wouldn't repeat the words I told her to.  She had it enough memorized that she just would continue on from what I said. So I would whisper "for God so loved the world" and then Abigail would say "that he gave his only gotten son" and basically it was just kind of terrible. We can only go up from here then, right?!

After church, we pigged out on leftover ribs and Texas Roadhouse and then it was nap time. I was the only one that didn't nap. These two settled in for some snuggling and fell fast asleep. It was precious.




And Abigail woke up with some crazy
Bed head that just can not be justified by pictures.


And I told her if she kept her diaper dry for nap time, I would give her 15 cents (since that's roughly the price of a diaper) and it melted my heart how excited she was to put her money on her pooh bear bank. Maybe I can convince her that monetary rewards are better than candy?

And then we spent our evening discussing family goals and habits we hope to accomplish in 2014. Honey endured it well. 

But seriously...

I love it. 

No comments: