Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Homebound

Okay, today wasn't stellar either. Maybe there's a reason that last week was working so well when we were spending hours at the pool every day. I remember I kept telling Christopher "I just feel like I'm a better mom when we spend all day at the pool."  And it's true, because it kept me from yelling and nagging and interfering with my kids and I could just let them be. Well, this whole well is just full of rain and clouds and cold, windy weather so the pool isn't an option. We went to the library on Monday, but yesterday and today were just hanging out at home. And not the fun sort of hanging out. The kind where I try to ignore my kids so I can do laundry and visiting teaching stuff for my calling, but actually it works against me because my kids find nail polish and give each other manis and pedis and unwrap hidden birthday presents and sprinkle play dough crumbles on the kitchen floor and eat grapes out of the trash can. Because I cut them off after multiple hours of tv time and thought I could have them play nicely together for a while while I was productive. How stupidly optimistic I am. ; ) 


It kind of defeats the purpose of putting a show on for your kids when one kid requires that you snuggle with him during it. Also, Dora makes me cringe. 



Brady photography. 


They watched Dora twice. And then most of the wiggles. Whatever, they watched like zero tv last week... This week is just compensating. 

Aunt Merrilee sent the cutest outfits for Elizabeth and during her nap, I couldn't wait to try one on her. It was like a mini mock fashion show.  

Also, I noticed my baby has sprouted a tuft of hair on the crown of her head and no where else. Everywhere else is bald. 

I let Abigail pick a headband from the box to wear. For a girl that refuses to wear bows anymore, she was loving this one. And wore it the ENTIRE day. I think her face is the cutest. I just want to shove my face in this picture and kiss her all over. 

Meanwhile, Elizabeth yawns. 

I love that they're sisters.  I love my sisters and I'm so glad these two have each other. 

I texted my friend Marissa about some baby boy clothes she's getting rid of (because I'm always on the lookout for my newest nephew!!!) and she responded that she might sell them but would otherwise let me look through them. Then a minute later she's all "I just found a bag of baby girl 0-3 months clothes... Want them? Umm, YES. She dresses her kids so cute and these clothes did not disappoint. 



I nursed elizabeth and was working on some vt stuff when I heard something about "more wipes" or something. I dunno, the kids had been playing so quietly and getting along so well that I should have known something was up, so hearing "more wipes" sent me running downstairs. There was nail polish and wipes on the wood floor of my foyer. And then I saw their hands and toes. Abigail was all "we painted our nails because we wanted to surprise you! But we didn't do it on the carpet."  Nope, but it was all over the tile in my bathroom. The tender mercy is that the colors she used were her kid polish which peels off really easily. Like dried elmer's glue that we used to paint on our skin in elementary school. And there were plenty of Lysol wipes lying around so cleaning wasn't bad. It scraped right up with wipes and my finger nails. Also, Brady found this mini kid hockey set that Christopher was saving for his birthday. I texted chris that it got broken into so the funniest part was that the kids were upstairs tonight when they heard the garage. So they both run downstairs to greet chris. Apparently Brady grabbed the hockey set in record time because he was holding it when chris walked in the door and was all "o wanna play hockey dad!!!"  So Christopher opened it and played with the kids. I told him it was perfect because we'd been planning on giving him some birthday gifts this summer since we went so light on his birthday in December (being a week before Christmas). Just sad that we couldn't wrap it. Also sad that we're probably not teaching a good lesson with this. 









This was when Brady took my phone and was trying to ask chris if he could play with his hockey toy. 


I got out the trash can and small dust sweeper so Abigail could clean up the play dough crumbs. And Brady decided to eat grapes out of the trash can. Never mind that the last three times I've served him grapes at the table this week he's called them yucky. Apparently they're only delicious when they come felt the trash can. The kid is one of a kind. 


And then I made them play upstairs and told them they were only allowed to play with TOYS. And I texted Christopher and told him I was losing it. I don't know what the deal was this afternoon with elizabeth, but she was super fussy and even cried legit crying which... I honestly can't remember the last time that's happened.  It's been at least a few weeks. The fussiness lasted from like 3 til 11pm when she fell asleep. She would fall asleep in my arms while nursing but wake up just two minutes later. The whole thing was just so weird and especially that it lasted for so many hours. 

So I attended to her and finally got vt assignments texted out while honey played hockey with the kids and fed them and played hockey some more. And then got kids ready for bed too. 

Brady took a while to fall asleep. Not sure why since he only napped from 2-3. This no crib thing kinda sucks because I miss out on all that time that he used to just chill in his crib before falling asleep and after waking up. Whatever, we're going to be traveling and off schedule for the next few weeks anyway and maybe he will be done teething by the time we get back. 



Also, he thinks his room is scary. Any suggestions on what to do about that? 

K, I'm off to bed. I've got too much cleaning and packing and more vt stuff I need to do tomorrow. Wish me luck. 

No comments: