Friday, July 3, 2015

The last swim lesson

This morning was the last swim lesson for the kids. They did well. Abigail progressed much more than Brady, even though I'd say that Brady started out ahead because of his willingness to get his face wet and whatever. 

The best part of it though is that it normalized things for the kids. So now they know what things are and can practice them since they're legit things like mouth bubbles and nose bubbles and front kicks and back kicks and the star fish float. I practiced with the kids for a good while after our lesson ended today. Abigail is great at kicking... Keeping her legs straight and kicking them just right. She also can float on her back for a few seconds (her record is probably five seconds) but it makes her really really uncomfortable so even though the skill is there, we need to practice to make it more natural for her. She's still hesitant about going under water and blowing bubbles because she doesn't like things that require her face to get wet. Brady is awesome at blowing bubbles in the water. He isn't afraid of getting his face close to the water for it so he's fine to blow really big bubbles and really long bubbles. He's also better at being okay getting dunked under the water. He has trouble keeping his legs straight for kicks, except if he kicks suuuuper slowly. He is terrified of me holding him backwards, so he's pretty horrible at back kicks. Also, his starfish float is nonexistent because he clings to me, completely terrified. These kids are always so different from one another. ; ) right down to their "I finished swim classes!" donuts that the instructor gave them. Brady picked a massive donut with red white and blue sprinkles... almost the size of his head. Abigail chose a normal sized plain glazed donut. Now that swim class is done, they think it was pretty great. 

We stayed at the pool til 1. We would have stayed later, but my friend, Kristina, needed someone to watch her daughter during her grandmother's burial this afternoon and I volunteered because I'm her visiting teacher and Abigail and Brady get along well with natalie. It was sad to leave the pool early on such a nice day when so many friends were around but we can go again tomorrow. Also, the timing worked out pretty well because elizabeth slept forever and I knew she would be waking up any minute. She woke up and was ready to eat right when we got home. Natalie got here around 1:30. 

I had to take a swaddle picture with elizabeth. I used to take pictures like this with Abigail in our Stanford apartment so I though it was great that Abigail photobombed this one. Man, they grow up fast! 

But seriously, how adorable is this tiny little baby burrito?!  Like a mini homestar runner. 

Brady is getting so good at taking pictures. He took some of chris while he held his arm completely extended and had his legs in lunging position. I was wishing I had a second phone so I could take a picture of him taking this picture. 

Honey's day looked more like this though. Drama drama drama. All is okay now though. Just a busy day for him with lots of phone calls. As a side note: we showed the kids a picture at dinner tonight of their uncle John. Abigail said he looked funny because he was wearing funny clothes. When I asked her why then she said it was because he was dressed like a firefighter. What???  Kids are so random. 

Brady also loves taking edgy, abstract, modern sorts of photos. With unusual angles. 

And hip filters. 

And then he pulls the "hold me mommy" thing again. 


Abigail and natalie tipped this car over so many times I lost count. I was going a little crazy. I may have lost it later. I always lose it when there's too many toys out and everything feels messy. 

Brady's molar. The other one has made the same amount of progress. 

Selfie. 

And holding him again. While he gnaws on his finger. 

And yes, I'm still wearing my swimsuit... And did until who knows what time tonight. It's kind of like all those days that I intend to put on real clothes but then suddenly it's 9pm and I realize that I've just worn my pjs all day. That's what keeps happening to me this week with my swimsuit. Honey keeps making fun of me and calling it my "getup."  

Sweet, sweet Elizabeth. Goodness I love this little girl so much. I always look at her and think "dearest, loveliest Elizabeth" almost like song lyrics that I can't help but sing. She gives me butterflies and makes me giddy all over. 
My house was messy today and I can't help but be honest and admit that it drove me crazy and made me grumpy, , but goodness gracious my heart bursts at the seams for my little family and this sweet life I'm living. 

It. Is. Glorious. 

No comments: