Friday, July 3, 2015

The hectic Thursday

I woke up at 7:15 and realized that I was literally not looking forward to any part of my day. That was sad and discouraging. Luckily, dreading of crying about it, I just tackled it all anyway... Well as much as I could. I did almost nothing that was on my to do list, but somehow the important stuff all got taken care of. 

Apparently the kids woke up at 6:30 (because Brady climbed out of his crib and woke Abigail up), chris gave them cereal at 6:45 and left for work, I heard them at 7:15, and, after searching the whole house, Brady finally found me and was all "change my diaper mom... I pooped" because that's how two year olds say "good morning, how was your night?" or something like that. 

I normally only take a couple of these pictures during the day of Brady snuggling on my chest... But let it be known that there could be soooo many more. It's a constant "hold me mommy!" fest all day and somehow we're always each wearing different clothes each time. Ha. 

This time it was a white shirt and slip... Because the easiest way to suddenly be wearing pjs is to just slide off your maxi skirt. I'm the epitome of lazy. 

We got all ready and kids buckled and everything for swim lessons only to have them call me ten minutes before and say they had heater problems and the pool was too cold. Back inside the house we go. 

And swarming on the bed taking pictures of each other while I was trying to get elizabeth ready for a nap. They were actually really awesome at communicating and taking turns. Maybe they'll turn out to be consciencious human beings after all. 






Christopher and I texted a bit to try to put together the pieces of what Brady does while we're each asleep. Y'know... Since he'd told me the night before tha Brady was in his crib when he actually wasn't. Empty cribs are so creepy. Anyways... Between the two of us and both kids, we've mostly pieced together what went on between 10pm and 8am. 

More of this. 


I should also mention that when the Jehovah's Witness ladies came by (and I yelled to Abigail, "don't open the door unless you know who it is!" ...she didn't hear me), I was still wearing my swimsuit... No coverup, just what you see pictured. And elizabeth was in a brown onesie with no pants or bow and they thought she was a boy. And Abigail was wearing a dress which discredited my swimsuit attire. And I can't remember what Brady was in because it changes so frequently, but I know it was at least a diaper. Because I still panic every time he takes his diaper off.  I'm pretty sure he was in just a regular diaper. Sadly, they asked what church I go to and I had to admit I'm Mormon. It wasn't my finest missionary moment in my swimsuit with my randomly dressed kids and Abigail and brady opening the door for strangers. I'm sure those ladies 100% think I have my act together. Yikes. 

My friend Jenna (who I also visit teach) got a concussion earlier this week so Abigail and Brady and I went around the yard and picked a bouquet of flowers and delivered them to her house. It sounds simple but this was probably a two hour event. Especially with elizabeth having a blowout in her car seat (right before we were about to walk out the door) and then crying about it until we were in the car. To the best of my knowledge, she only cries when she's experiencing something gas or tummy related. Hiccups, toots, burps, about to spit up or blow out... That's when she cries or fusses. Anything else is just a grunt or two. I was amazed at how many flowers we have in our yard. Maybe I need to not focus on all of our weeds so much... Which is hard because our summers just consist of HOA threats about getting fined if we don't clean up our weeds and get our grass green enough. ; ) Can't they try to admire my flowers too?!

I changed the hardware so I can lock Brady in his room now. It wasn't a miracle cure for naptime considering Brady and I both fell asleep in his glider (twice) and he spent forever crying and climbing in and out of his crib a million times, and eventually I snuggled with him and we both took a nap on the rug on his bedroom floor until elizabeth woke up in the other room and I had to go help her. 

Don't worry, Brady whined "hold me, mommy!" a million times until I finished feeding Elizabeth and then climbed on my lap and laid on my chest just like the other times. See how the clothes combos are always changing? And why yes, that IS the same skirt I was wearing the night before. 

He had to wait until I finished feeding Elizabeth, which gave him great practice at his drama skills, which are actually already perfected. 

Luckily, while I was passed out on Brady's floor, honey came home from work early and cleaned our entire kitchen that was covered with dirty dishes and random crap since the missionaries were coming at six. Thank goodness I already had lasagna in the crock pot and that we were only serving a salad and garlic bread and previously cut up watermelon as well... and a store bought thaw and serve pie. Because after Elizabeth ate, she wanted to be held (it doesn't happen that often and chris was all "why is she fussing?!" because what a coincidence that she chooses such a non optimal time to need to be held. And Brady was grabbing my legs and all "HOLD ME, MOMMY!!!" while Elizabeth cried and I tried to sweep. 

When is woken up on beAdys floor and learned that honey was downstairs cleaning the kitchen, I felt guilt like he was going to be frustrated at me for sleeping and not having that done... But when our kids were both crying for me at the same time while I tried to sweep, I thought to myself "nope, I'm pretty sure honey understands why I hadn't gotten to this yet."

Everything turned out fine and great except that the missionaries want to come back (and next Tuesday was our only availability for the next month) so I'm dreading having to do this again. I haaaaate hostesting. 

But the happy part of the day is that I survived. And that Brady went to sleep in his crib without crying while I sat in his glider and spent too much time on facebook. But in the crib with no cryin... That's awesome. 

No comments: