Thursday, July 9, 2015

Chiropractor, girl's night, and packing

I woke up to the kids doing something they shouldn't... Which is quickly becoming the norm. Ha. 

Seeing as how I planned on taking Elizabeth through the airport in a sling... I figured I should try her out with that. Abigail and Brady both cried the first time getting them into the sling. Elizabeth didn't mind it. Maybe I'm getting better with time? I walked around the house a bit, but what our her to sleep instantly was when I sat down at the piano to play. It wasn't a calm song by any means, but she was asleep within a page.  But then I was stuck with a sleeping baby on me. I'm not a huge fan of baby wearing. Pretty much only when I'm getting through the airport but whatever.  

These two. 

I hate that it affects me so much, but this scattered mess in every room of my house makes it impossible for me to function. When I took this, I was literally rocking in a corner. But maybe because I was holding Elizabeth and that rocking chair is in a corner. ; )

She's to die for. 

Chris came home from work early to take the kids to the pool. I told him to go to the library (so all our pool stuff would stay clean and dry for me to pack) instead. While they were gone, I threw in every dirty laundry but that I could find around the house, including all of the clothes on my own body. So there I was in my bathrobe, with Elizabeth fully swaddled and about to be put in her basket when... She pukes all over us. All over my bathrobe and her clothes, miracles blanket, and Velcro swaddler. Just long enough after that I couldn't just toss this stuff in the load already going. Oh Elizabeth. 

So I swaddled her in a regular blanket. Which of course got busted... But at least she didn't mind breaking out! I got her up and went to costa vida for a girls night goodbye for Marissa. I'm soooo sad she's moving. 

Came home to this. 

I changed Elizabeth's diaper and just left her hanging out while I packed. That gem just put herself to sleep. 

Completely unswaddled in the bright lights of the guest room. 

Brady woke up with crazy hair. 




And then fell back down to sleep. 

The intense packing process. Clothes stacked and categorized by kid and type. 

Abigail on the left, Brady on the right, Elizabeth middle bottom, and floaties to hold everything in place. Left outside bag for Abigail's swim stuff and undies, right outside bag for Brady's swim stuff (he's got a lot), and bottom outside bag for Elizabeth's swim stuff and everyone's extra shoes. This is my sanity saver when she travel... Organized packing makes all the difference. 

This. 

And finally finished with the kids' bag. The swaddle blankets are all in the outside zipper pocket with the toiletry bag and spare diapers in the upper outside zippered pocket. I even took it downstairs and weighed it. 

One less thing to worry about in the morning. 

No comments: