Thursday, July 23, 2015

Pocket talking with papa

My heart is so full.  I'm exhausted but I can't fall asleep because my mind is racing with today's memories of perfection. I can't go to sleep without writing a few things down. 

For the past several months, I've been so anxious to get down to the farm. Even two weeks ago, I was so excited to go to the beach, but I was anxious to get to the farm and wished that part of my trip could come first. And even this week I've just felt a bit out of sorts in that instead of soaking up my time in Atlanta, I've just been wanting time to speed up a little so that thursday would come faster and it would be time to go to the farm. Well, today was the day! 

We stopped at the varsity on the way down (Elizabeth's first time) and made a million other stops as well to the point that it was all a bit comical. Two potty stops for Abigail, a stop for Elizabeth's almost blowout of a diaper and then to just feed her because we were already stopped and it was time anyway, and a stop at chick fil a so that Brady could get out of his car seat to poop (didn't happen). The whole thing was funny but the best part was mom and me cracking up at Elizabeth's crazy diaper and yelling "mayday! mayday!" ...and maybe Brady's grunting too. ; ) It was all great. And the drive was beautiful. I love looking at all the houses and trailers. 


This greeted us. The most perfect sight ever. I think they must have been waiting for at least an hour out there, putting up with the gnats and heat, just to welcome us. 


Brady started taking off his shoes and got distracted by the softness of the rug. It was hilariously precious. 

A much appreciated miracle of tonight... the kids were really well behaved (they actually were for all of today) and played so well together all night. It was really cute. 

Getting ready for dinner. I mean, supper. 

Brady ate granny's partially eaten power bar. Because he finds food. And then eats it. 

My plate. See that tomato on the upper left side? That was Papa's. Granny dished him that slice of tomato, and as soon as she wasn't looking, he put it on my plate. I laughed out loud so I know he knows I saw him, but I didn't eat him out. I just ate both tomatoes, as any loving granddaughter would. also, mom made fried catfish and hush puppies and cheese grits last night for dinner and packed up leftovers to bring down to the farm tonight (at my request). I skipped breakfast this morning, ate varsity for lunch, a granola bar for snack, and fried food for dinner. I'm the epitome of health these days. So really, papa was doing me a huge favor with that extra tomato slice. 

I'd put Elizabeth down for nap in my room right before dinner but heard her fussing ten minutes later while we were eating. It's unusual that she would do that but I didn't want to miss dinner time with granny and papa so I is it brought her out and held her while I ate. As soon as I finished, papa and I went to his chair so he could hold Elizabeth. This is the picture I took immediately after putting her in his arms. I've been looking forward to that moment since I first knew I was pregnant. 


She promptly fell asleep. ; )

Holding both girls. 

This is papa's pocket talker. It is AMAZING. His hearing has been super bad for a long time so we almost never get to talk. And when we do, I have to yell. But with this... I can talk in a quieter than normal voice and he hears everything wonderfully. It's amazing to see him laugh at the things I say about my kids and ask follow up questions or tell me a story about something I've mentioned. I told him about the kids and their interests and swim lessons and the beach and showed him pictures on my phone. We talked for close to two hours. TWO HOURS! When previously we've only said "how are you?" and "how's the weather?"  It's called the pocket talker and it's amazing. Meanwhile papa saw me flipping through pictures on my phone and was all "you just have to touch it and move your finger like that?!" Ha. We had a good time.

Abigail got out the creepy and earless bugs bunny jack in the box. Brady is terrified of it. He's not in this picture because he was curled up and hiding/huddling on my lap. 

Papa kept holding Elizabeth while I put the kids to bed. He held her for almost three hours. Papa looooooves babies. 

I clicked this article on fb about best business schools. Stanford is rated number one... it typically is, no surprise there... and my honey was pictured in the Stanford picture! Lots of surprise there.  Here's a zoomed in shot of it and this is the article. http://www.businessinsider.com/best-business-schools-for-your-salary-2015-7
I looked at the picture and the thought came to me "it would be so funny if honey was in this. But the odds are slim to none. Until I saw that everyone was holding these red bells. We have one (that our kids have broken) somewhere in our house. So I looked at it and zoomed in to confirm. Yup. There's my husband. The pic must be pretty old since he graduated in 2011. Still cool. And crazy at the coincidence. 

I'm hoping this situation doesn't ten into a problem tonight. They keep gravitating closer. 

Even after I moved Elizabeth. They got closer again. Sibling love. ; ) 

1 comment:

Diana C. said...

ooo I love this post. So many wonderful pictures. I can see why it was a favorite memories sort of day!